• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Remaining Fixtures

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
71 was enough in 2016/17....Stevenage away will be tricky.
True but also although Port Vale and Crawley have spent most of the season in the lower half of the table we do not have the best of records against either of them.

pct333

Gut feeling

PortVale - Win
Crawley - Win
Stevenage -Win
Oldham - Draw
FGR - Lose

Leaves us on 71 Points
This would leave us on 72 points, not 71, which is what I feel we need to ensure our place in the play offs.

Last edited:

richard_portland

Very well known Exeweb poster
Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
The table is so tight and changing all the time. We might only need 69 with so many sides battling, Oldham in 13th are still in the hunt with an extra game to play which is on April 30th v Newport just after Oldham have played us. Newport at the moment seem in form so could be a team to make a late challenge.

2nd to 5th could easily finish in any of those positions and MK play Mansfield on the final day. Depending on how Friday pans out Stevenage could be a big game, Oldham might be a big game and if it isn't sorted forest green could be huge. Ourselves and the division seems so inconsistent predicting it is next to impossible, although it feels like MK Dons in the play offs is going to happen.

Spoonz Red E

Mathematically; 3 wins from the last four games guarantees playoffs.

Spoonz Red E

Mathematically; 3 wins from the last four games guarantees playoffs.
Scrub that - forgot about Newport's game in hand.
Still want the three wins 'though. ;)

Colesman Ballz

Scrub that - forgot about Newport's game in hand.
Still want the three wins 'though. ;)
If we get three wins Newport would have to win all five of their remaining games to catch us. With remaining home games against Lincoln, Bury and Oldham that looks a tough ask and even if their away trips to Morecambe and Macclesfield look far easier on paper, it's not straightforward as we know to our cost ! Lets get the three wins in the bag first, asap ! UTC.

Red Devon

Stevenage are a threat to us the game at Broadhall Way is beginning to look like one we must not lose!!

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster

Avening Posse

I reckon 71 points should be enough ?

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
I reckon 71 points should be enough ?
Agree two wins from next four games. Swindon are still a threat but I think following their draw away to Oldham, which was the result we needed, they may now finish with only 70. Add a draw to the two wins and I think we would definitely finish safely in the playoffs. However notwithstanding that it looks unlikely that any of the other contenders are going to make the 70s.