• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Rochdale/Barrow and Vale tickets

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
Are you sure? I don't think the BBC has the rights to broadcast football commentaries via the web or a mobile app. Reasonably sure you can only access them via a radio, which relies on you being in Devon and able to pick up the requisite frequency.
I'm starting to doubt everything about my life now as this was a given. I'm 100% sure that I've listened to City commentaries on the BBC Sounds app. Maybe 98%.

denzel

Help me out on the logic.

(I'm not asking why Man Utd games are not being streamed on a Saturday afternoon. I'm just about bright enough to realise that if Premiership games were shown on a Saturday afternoon then this might just possibly have a negative impact on attendances elsewhere)

the question I'd benefit from an answer to is:-

What interests are being protected by not permitting Exeter-v- Port Vale to be shown at 3pm on Saturday 7 May that didn't need to be protected when games such as Exeter -v- Stevenage were streamed on ifollow at 3pm on Saturday 26 March?
Something Something loophole
Something Something EU

Or something

MerleyRed

I'm starting to doubt everything about my life now as this was a given. I'm 100% sure that I've listened to City commentaries on the BBC Sounds app. Maybe 98%.

This is what happens when you fume for too long.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster

I think you may be mistaken.
The new service will give listeners chance to follow the EFL on BBC Sounds, where commentary is not broadcast because of rights restrictions.

Grecian Royal

I'm pretty sure that you can listen to the evening games, but not the Saturday ones.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Just checked Rochdale match and 285 seats left, mostly blocks A & B (a little C) most others are single units across the ground. Still plenty of seats available for Barrow match

iscalad

Go and have a lie down in a darkened room, old boy.

fred binneys head

Well, bugger me with a fish fork. I’m still not convinced though, I’m sure I’ve listened on the Sounds app as otherwise how would I know how to find Radio Devon on it, I don’t listen to that station for any other reason. Very strange.

fred binneys head

Tell you what, on Friday I’ll listen to the game through the app and see if it works.

older-codger

Whenever I've tried Sounds it's been Torquay