• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ryan Swan

MerleyRed

According to the Echo we have been trialing a young Irish striker, Ryan Swan, with a decision on a contract offer to be made soon.

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
I've heard of him, he looks really calm even when sprinting.

MerleyRed

I've heard of him, he looks really calm even when sprinting.
Dammit Fred, I was saving something similar for later. To be honest, I thought the first response would be along the lines that we need another midfielder, not another striker !

Banksy

Can we give them Homer in exchange?
And knowing Tisdale he's probably got him lined up to play at right back.Quack.

Terryhall

If he's the lad currently playing for UCD, he's got European pedigree - 3 goals in 4 games in the Europa League I believe. Never seen the lad play though.

LOG

Not terribly enlightening but: http://www.exeterexpressandecho.co.uk/ryan-swan-scouting-report-what-can-exeter-city-fans-expect-from-the-irish-trialist/story-29874809-detail/story.html

Worryingly, i remember Graham Cheeseman being described as having "a good eye for goal."

Terryhall

Last edited:

Banksy

If we didn't have Homer who's carp yet pretty well always plays whatever and Liam McaLinden who never seems to play so we'll never know what he's like , it would probably be a good idea .I'd sooner any money available was put towards a really decent midfielder though , an area that should be addressed sooner rather than later.
Perhaps we can get Homer on a scoring run and offload him in the January window.:D

Last edited:

fred binneys head

You've probably scouted him more than the club have :)

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Seriously, as much as he could be a good signing long term, we really don't need another striker.