• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Scott Brown joins as player GK coach

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
Who cares? If he wants them he's going to have to pay for them, just like anyone else would.
You dont have to pay compensation if the coach resigns and serves notice. I would be amazed if that wasn't what Scott Brown has done here 😞.

budegrecian

First and foremost Scott’s a wonderful person, doing a lot for the club in his short time with us. I wish him all the best. He thoroughly deserves every success he gets.
I’ve heard that this is correct and that he will definitely be missed.
Strange that there is no formal thank you and acknowledgment of his leaving on the club site. There is a job advert for a replacement though.

Matt Russell

Agreed - my other worry is did Scott hang back to obtain more corporate information eg release clauses, contract end details etc MT forgot to take ?
I hope we realised early Rotterham are a competitor and boxed clever with safeguarding information as soon as we knew management were leaving ?
UTC
Your other worry.
Deep throat Scotty, really?

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Good keeper in his day but can't see him stepping in if Jamal gets injured.

Only goalie I know that would place a pack of sandwiches just inside his goalpost before the game.
Reasonably sure you'll find that's an urban myth. As I recall, during his spell at Watford a 'supporter of the club' rang up 606, which at the time was hosted by David Mellor, and told an unlikely tale about how Big Kev had conceded a goal while he was nibbling on a pasty. Needless to say, Mellor, who fell for it hook, line, and sinker, was incandescent that a professional footballer would do this, but it later transpired that the call had been made by his team-mates who were having the proverbial giraffe!

dontpassback

He chose to leave,so be it !

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
The worry now is what players will he (Taylor) be back for in January :(
He's at Rotherham, they don't have the big bucks

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
Agreed - my other worry is did Scott hang back to obtain more corporate information eg release clauses, contract end details etc MT forgot to take ?
I hope we realised early Rotterham are a competitor and boxed clever with safeguarding information as soon as we knew management were leaving ?
UTC
All those details would not only be known by MT and other staff who have already left but, more importantly, by the players' agents. All any bigger club that is interested in a City player needs to do to find out is to speak to that player's agent.

abertom

I wouldn’t be surprised if there’s a portal with the EFL and FA that has those kind of details as well for clubs to access

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
You dont have to pay compensation if the coach resigns and serves notice. I would be amazed if that wasn't what Scott Brown has done here 😞.
But, even if Scott resigned as a coach he would still be registered with us as a player, although presumably it wouldn't be in City's interests to keep him at the club if he didn't want to be here.

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
But, even if Scott resigned as a coach he would still be registered with us as a player, although presumably it wouldn't be in City's interests to keep him at the club if he didn't want to be here.
It depends on what his substantive contract said. I expect he was on a coaching contract, but was registered to play. All he would then need to do, is service notice on his substantive contract and then cancel his registration on his last day (or the day after).