• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Scott Brown joins as player GK coach

Exehausted

Great to hear that Kevin Miller is back involved. I wonder if he will apply for the permanent role??
It would be good, but it would surely only be as a coach as he's 53 now. To even be on the bench would be a big ask at that age, as you would assume that he would need to do a reasonable amount of training just in case he was needed. I think a player coach is most likely. It seems from what Gary said, that there has been some applications so let's hope that there is some good quality amongst them.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
There's no mention of playing here, https://www.exetercityfc.co.uk/news/2022/november/vacancy-goalkeeping-coach/, or in the job description or person spec that are appended to the page. Suggests we're looking for a coach, as opposed to a player-coach. If, however, we find a coach who can also play than that would, I guess, be a bonus.

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster
Can't find it anywhere else but jack arthur played for crediton united yesterday. Not sure if he's still with us. With Harry Lee cup-tied for next week's game, I don't know who will be the sub keeper.

Agent Andy

Andrew Sowden and Lee can play for the 18s

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Andrew Sowden and Lee can play for the 18s
Not sure what that has to do with "the price of fish" ie who will be our back up keeper at Oxford ? Is Sowden the only option, as that would seem a pretty big risk to take in the event of an injury to Blackman ? Or do we register Kevin Miller ? :unsure:

Agent Andy

We’ll if Big Blacks comes off it’s got everything to do with the price of fish hasn’t it .

AmberRed

Not sure what that has to do with "the price of fish" ie who will be our back up keeper at Oxford ? Is Sowden the only option, as that would seem a pretty big risk to take in the event of an injury to Blackman ? Or do we register Kevin Miller ? :unsure:
Sowden is the only other keeper at the club at the moment and is the same age as Lee! Did you see Miller yesterday, can't see him registering as a player 🤣 Jack Arthur is gone!

andrew p long

Sowden is the only other keeper at the club at the moment and is the same age as Lee! Did you see Miller yesterday, can't see him registering as a player 🤣 Jack Arthur is gone!
Jack Arthur is still listed on the club website.

But then again,so is Scott Brown:rolleyes:

(its the EFL who maintain this, not the club, but it is a bit pathetic!)

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
We’ll if Big Blacks comes off it’s got everything to do with the price of fish hasn’t it .
I'm with Ballsz on this. If, as suggested, Lee is cup tied then I'm unsure how it is relevant to our FA Cup second round tie that he [and Sowden] can play for the U18s.

Colesman Ballz

No I wasn't seriously suggesting Big Kev, I was using him to highlight the potential problem, perhaps for clarity I should have suggested flying Pate in from Arizona for the game ! :p
There is £67k at stake on this game, plus untold financial potential gains to had from further progress. It would seem a mighty responsibility to place on the shoulders of a young keeper making his debut, if Blackman were to be injured. Hopefully of course it won't become an issue, but I trust that due consideration has been given to this.