• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Scott Brown joins as player GK coach

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
No I wasn't seriously suggesting Big Kev, I was using him to highlight the potential problem, perhaps for clarity I should have suggested flying Pate in from Arizona for the game ! :p
There is £67k at stake on this game, plus untold financial potential gains to had from further progress. It would seem a mighty responsibility to place on the shoulders of a young keeper making his debut, if Blackman were to be injured. Hopefully of course it won't become an issue, but I trust that due consideration has been given to this.
Unless he has formally retired, Scott Brown is presumably still registered as a player with us. So he could come back and sit on the bench next Saturday?

Squeezebox

Unless he has formally retired, Scott Brown is presumably still registered as a player with us. So he could come back and sit on the bench next Saturday?
Private jet from Cyprus?!!

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
I'm with Ballsz on this. If, as suggested, Lee is cup tied then I'm unsure how it is relevant to our FA Cup second round tie that he [and Sowden] can play for the U18s.
I am sure AA means Andrew Sowden will be on the bench at Oxford whilst Harry Lee plays for the U18's. Just missing some punctuation.

Andrew Sowden. Harry Lee can play in the u18's.

What you do is hope that nothing happens to Jamal in an important 2nd round cup tie and you need the sub GK. Or try to wipe Colchester, Andy Woodman and Ross Bellotti out of your mind 😉

Reactions: Egg

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Private jet from Cyprus?!!
I was joking. But as Rosencrantz says, if Blackman was injured during the game next Saturday it would be serious.

What you do is hope that nothing happens to Jamal in an important 2nd round cup tie and you need the sub GK. Or try to wipe Colchester, Andy Woodman and Ross Bellotti out of your mind 😉

grecianstew

Presumably Scott Brown can still be registered as our player (after all he CANNOT be registered as a Rotherham player) whilst being employed as a coach elsewhere. If that is so and bearing in mind Rotherham have no game for more than a month might he help us out by sitting on our bench?

Alistair20000

No I wasn't seriously suggesting Big Kev, I was using him to highlight the potential problem, perhaps for clarity I should have suggested flying Pate in from Arizona for the game ! :p
There is £67k at stake on this game, plus untold financial potential gains to had from further progress. It would seem a mighty responsibility to place on the shoulders of a young keeper making his debut, if Blackman were to be injured. Hopefully of course it won't become an issue, but I trust that due consideration has been given to this.
No postings from the old boy for a month but he has been lurking. Thought he might have had a bit of praise for Jamal yesterday :unsure:

Alistair20000

Who is our outfield player that would best take the gloves in the absence of another keeper on the bench and an injury to Jamal ?

Agent Andy

I am sure AA means Andrew Sowden will be on the bench at Oxford whilst Harry Lee plays for the U18's. Just missing some punctuation.

Andrew Sowden. Harry Lee can play in the u18's.

Correct, my punctuation is crap 😂😂😂

Rosencrantz

Who is our outfield player that would best take the gloves in the absence of another keeper on the bench and an injury to Jamal ?
Big Tim can play anywhere I reckon.

I doubt that will happen though as Andrew Sowden will still be better.

Grecian2K

MJ obviously.
I'm sure he'd meet Pete's lofty standards when it comes to high balls.