• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Scottish football.

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
It only struck me today when I was following the Rangers match that the Old Firm both currently have former full England internationals as their first choice goalkeepers.
Jack Butland (Rangers) and Joe Hart (Celtic).
I bet that’s never happened before.
Rangers had Chris Woods for ages but not sure that Celtic had an England keeper.

Rosencrantz

Rangers had Chris Woods for ages but not sure that Celtic had an England keeper.
What about Fraser Forster you daft ha'porth 🙂. They also had an England U21 in Ian Andrews back along.

grecIAN Harris

What about Fraser Forster you daft ha'porth 🙂. They also had an England U21 in Ian Andrews back along.
Did Fraser Forster ever make the England squad? Ian Andrews might have been around at the same time as Chris Woods which was more the point of Bridgy's post I think.

Oldsmobile-88

English born Jonathan Gould had a few good seasons with Celtic in the 1990’s. He chose Scotland for international duty, something he was able to do due to his Scottish grandparents.
He went to the World Cup in 1998 as a back up ‘keeper.

Rosencrantz

Did Fraser Forster ever make the England squad? Ian Andrews might have been around at the same time as Chris Woods which was more the point of Bridgy's post I think.
Six caps for your old net minder, I thought you would have known 🙂.

Bridgy 81

I’d remembered Woods playing for Rangers but to be honest had forgotten about Forster at Celtic (and he’s been there on four different occasions over a ten year period!).
But although they were both full internationals their stints in Scotland were a very long way apart.
Andrews didn’t play for the full England team.