• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Season Ticket Refunds....

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
As said above if you buy online you can change your mind within 7 days under the distance selling regulations. Legally the club would have to refund you. If you purchase in store at the business premise the club dont have a legal requirement to refund you unless the goods are faulty or not of satisfactory quality (this is open for interpretation). Most businesses will still refund if you have proof of purchase as they see it as best practice. However it would be up to ecfc.

wemissmoxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
I think the main issue is that you made the purchase knowing exactly what you were buying. Anyone who bought a ST for next season doesn't deserve a refund, no one couldpossibly think it will be any better.
I agree with this, we have been dire for a long time, very little has changed during the last month or two, people knew what they were buying, I find it hard to have any sympathy for this predicament.

Last edited:

AndyR

As said above if you buy online you can change your mind within 7 days under the distance selling regulations. Legally the club would have to refund you. If you purchase in store at the business premise the club dont have a legal requirement to refund you unless the goods are faulty or not of satisfactory quality (this is open for interpretation). Most businesses will still refund if you have proof of purchase as they see it as best practice. However it would be up to ecfc.
Yes but I think the 7 day period doesn't start to run until the customer has received certain information from the trader, including details of the right to cancel.

PeteUSA

Now this I agree with.

A customer should be furnished at point of sale with their right to cancel their agreement (Buyers remorse). In the US though, that period is only three days, from the day any contract/agreement was signed.

FAN-TATIC

I recently looked up this legislation after buying a product online. It is no where near as simple as you may think, there are a host of conditions that you have to comply with before you can legally get your money back.

On the other hand I bought an article on EBay on Saturday and realised shortly after purchase that it was not exactly what I was looking for, so I contacted the seller immediately to request a cancellation. They contacted me to inform me that it had already been sent, but if I a Did not open the packing, crossed out my address details, circled the senders address and posted it in a letterbox it would cost me nothing and they would refund on receipt of the goods. Good customer service, but did they have to?

I agree with Missy and GJ, you knew what to expect when you bought the ST as did I. I don't consider that I have a right to a refund.

Last edited:

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
Come on Rich, be fair, it's not Tisdale's fault he's bald.
Quite right. It's in his genes ...

... and the way things are shaping up for us - so should something else.

Seriously, just write a letter requesting a refund explaining that after monday's inept display you no longer wish to view another season of the same.

You mightn't get your money back, but at least the message that the dedicated fans are jumping ship may resonate with someone.

OxfordshireGrecian

Originally Posted by Grecian_Jay

I think the main issue is that you made the purchase knowing exactly what you were buying. Anyone who bought a ST for next season doesn't deserve a refund, no one couldpossibly think it will be any better.

I agree with this, we have been dire for a long time, very little has changed during the last month or two, people knew what they were buying, I find it hard to have any sympathy for this predicament.

The point is we don't know exactly what we are going to get because of the deadlines imposed.

To retain my preferred seat at the best price I have had to renew when we still looked pretty safe and even at the higher price would have had to renew before the season is over.

So will it be conference or League 2?

How much have I saved? Will they really charge £29 potd for my seat if we are in the conference?

Who will be on the retained list? Will I be holding my head in my hands at O'Flynn's ineptness and Danny Coles's clumsiness again, or will I be cheering on Dawson and Wheeler as they charge down the wing?

Grecian_Jay

Originally Posted by Grecian_Jay

The point is we don't know exactly what we are going to get because of the deadlines imposed.

To retain my preferred seat at the best price I have had to renew when we still looked pretty safe and even at the higher price would have had to renew before the season is over.

So will it be conference or League 2?

How much have I saved? Will they really charge £29 potd for my seat if we are in the conference?

Who will be on the retained list? Will I be holding my head in my hands at O'Flynn's ineptness and Danny Coles's clumsiness again, or will I be cheering on Dawson and Wheeler as they charge down the wing?
You do know what you''ll get. As long as Tisdale is in charge then it doesn't matter what league we are in. League one is no different from League 2 under him, the tactics are ****e, the team will be full of ageing crocks and you still won't see a last minute winner at home!

By renewing you are accepting what Tisdale puts out there.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
The product on offer, in any case, is 23 games starring (if that's the right word) Exeter City. That is the same whether City are in L2 or the Conference, whether Tisdale is at the helm or not.

Grecian_Jay

The product on offer, in any case, is 23 games starring (if that's the right word) Exeter City. That is the same whether City are in L2 or the Conference, whether Tisdale is at the helm or not.
I have attended one home leaue game all season (the first one) and I can tell you exactly what happerned in 90% of them. You don't need to be there to know by reading the reports and looking at the stats that nothing has changed.

You know damn well what you will get at an Exeter City home match under Tisdale the majority of the time. If you don't like it don't go. Simple.