• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Shrewsbury away Predictions and build-up

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Football is back on Monday, so we can safely assume this match goes ahead. The Shrews' form isn't too bad, some decent results so far and they've played mostly good teams. My cousin lives in Shrewsbury, and I have not so fond memories of seeing Alan Beer receive a career-ending injury there when we were 2-0 up in the old Third Division, 1978 maybe, not sure. For most clubs this distance would be a long journey for the travelling fans, for us it's not one of the worst as the motorway helps in getting there.

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Football is back on Monday, so we can safely assume this match goes ahead. The Shrews' form isn't too bad, some decent results so far and they've played mostly good teams. My cousin lives in Shrewsbury, and I have not so fond memories of seeing Alan Beer receive a career-ending injury there when we were 2-0 up in the old Third Division, 1978 maybe, not sure.
Think you are right, beginning of the 78-79 season with Alan Beer in the Welsh squad and on the verge of a decent move to Leicester (?), it was a real tragedy he was a late blooming talent, quick and skillful. Think Jevani Brown getting a career ending injury now.

Grecianpasty

Difficult game this one. Shrewsbury are a hard team to break down. I don't see this being a high scoring game, and as with most away games this season, I'd be happy to see us come away with a point.

wiveygrecian

Haven’t won a home game since March. Pressure is on them . 1-1

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Haven’t won a home game since March. Pressure is on them . 1-1
The Shrews have made an average start but they have tended to be a bit of a bogey team particularly away from SJP and we also have the RB factor to consider.

Will be happy with a draw.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
We'll win relatively comfortably. 3 nil to City.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
We'll win relatively comfortably. 3 nil to City.
3:1 City - Bowman scores and disappears down tunnel to cry !
UTC

SaintJames

UTC
Nah he will be disciplined by the Shrews for coming into the away end to celebrate our win :)

Colesman Ballz

UTC
Nah, Bowman won't even be able to get out of Cheick's pocket, never mind about getting back to the dressing room ! :cool:

STURTZ

Hopefully the Charlton cancellation might mean that our boys still have that comfortable victory over MK Dons in their minds.

3:1 City: Nombe, Harper, Stansfield.