• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Sides on the Bank

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Wettest match I ever attended.
What about the FGR game that was abandoned at half time?

Match Abandoned message - News - Exeter City FC

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster

I was in the Doble then. In the bank for Millwall with the wind blowing the rain straight at us. Spent more time wiping my glasses than watching the game.

Alistair20000

Yep that was bleddy wet. Big Brett in charge of the whistle IIRC

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yep that was bleddy wet. Big Brett in charge of the whistle IIRC
And annoyed Tis by making him go out to look at the pitch at half-time before he would call the game off. Going back a few years the worst I can remember was when we lost to Canvey Island at home in the Conference on a pitch which should never have been allowed to be played on.

elginCity

313D0827-A002-41EA-B91F-CB9B9E7899D9.jpeg
Polycarbonate sheeting/battening in the two vertical sections on either side would be cheap, cheerful and acoustically effective, no ?

tom_ecfc

Unless it makes money I can‘t see it happening. Thatchers would be the only branding as wouldn’t sit well if another sponsor was splashed across the side of the stand viewable from Stadium Way. (Thatchers have the naming right to the stand)

Antony Moxey

View attachment 9344
Polycarbonate sheeting/battening in the two vertical sections on either side would be cheap, cheerful and acoustically effective, no ?
No to the first two. You’d need a fairly hefty frame to fix the sheeting to, and because of the size, a way to stop it flapping in the wind. It’d be a big old slab, so it’d be far from cheap, and given its flimsiness probably not that safe either.

elginCity

No to the first two. You’d need a fairly hefty frame to fix the sheeting to, and because of the size, a way to stop it flapping in the wind. It’d be a big old slab, so it’d be far from cheap, and given its flimsiness probably not that safe either.
Polycarbonate is bullet proof, used in bus shelters etc. Good point on flimsiness, maybe twin ply and diagonal bracers would secure it adequately? Won’t be cheap, but can’t imagine it being extortionate either.

JCWhoosh

A couple of large removable heavy duty fabric flags / banners to go up on matchdays only? Not sure about safety but can check on weather conditions each week and make the assessment.

i8cornwall

Atmos has been on and off so far this season. Seemed to be a good group going towards the end of last season but not much too much so far this year other than the drum carrying on. Anyone know what's going on? Old RL lads still knocking about?
Some are still knocking about but like the younger lads who tried to start a new group they got ****** off being messed about by the club at every opportunity that they have either now found something else to do on a Saturday or just turn up watch the game hassel free.

Side on the bank would be nice though, even if it was just purely for the look it would give SJP.