• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

SJP naming rights

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
So long as it isn't a betting company... (see the thread with David Wheeler's comments)
Roll out the red one when he returns to SJP on a visit.

robchave

No problem for me . . . as long as the organisation chosen has some kind of integrity. How about a solar energy company who can cover the roofs of the stands with solar panels and provide us with free electricity?

Grecian2K

No problem for me . . . as long as the organisation chosen has some kind of integrity. How about a solar energy company who can cover the roofs of the stands with solar panels and provide us with free electricity?
And maybe a nice new wooden stadium just off the M5 at Stonehouse?
Oh, whoops. That ship has sailed.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
I am in principle against Stadium naming rights for old stadiums, but tbh, we have to increase revenue's across the club and it is a way of doing it, to help us hopefully become sustainable at league one level.

tom_ecfc

The JD Weatherspoon Park

Local businessman, Tim Martin buys the rights to the stadium, turns the centre spot into a weatherspoons! 😆

Oldsmobile-88

The JD Weatherspoon Park

Local businessman, Tim Martin buys the rights to the stadium, turns the centre spot into a weatherspoons! 😆
The ale purists on this forum would not like that 😎

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Wetherspoons have their faults, but probably they stock more different real ales at different times of the year than anyone else.

Bridgy 81

Wetherspoons have their faults, but probably they stock more different real ales at different times of the year than anyone else.
I’m not really a beer drinker but I do appreciate the lovely buildings they use which otherwise would be flattened.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Oh yes we would - you can't beat 99p a pint for real ale !

Grecian_Matt

As long as it’s not something rubbish like the Selco Park or Carpet Right Arena.

I don’t know how much it will generate the club, but is it really worth it?