• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Sports News

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Mark Cavendish to retire at the end of the season. Wonder if he'll be given a final fling in the Tour de France ?

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Zharnel Hughes runs 9.83 in the 100m to break Linford Christie's long-standing UK record.

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
First and second place for the Yates brothers on Stage 1 of the TDF that started in Bilbao Spain today with Adam taking the stage.

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
All over for Mark Cavendish in the Tour. Broken collar bone in a crash, also damage to a previous shoulder injury. :(

Rosencrantz

All over for Mark Cavendish in the Tour. Broken collar bone in a crash, also damage to a previous shoulder injury. :(
Sad way for Cav to finish with The Tour after coming close yesterday. Definitely a TdF great.

Red Devon

Very unlucky he seemed to be the only one who went down in the fall.

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Zharnel Hughes runs 9.83 in the 100m to break Linford Christie's long-standing UK record.
Still in great form at Manchester. 10.03 for the 100m in horrible conditions, and a windy 19.77 in the 200m.

Bridgy 81

First and second place for the Yates brothers on Stage 1 of the TDF that started in Bilbao Spain today with Adam taking the stage.
I don't follow cycling but made a point of watching the highlights of Stage 1 a week or so ago.
Very nice city Bilbao and equally pleasant countryside and coastline nearby too.
Cheap flights from Bristol available, or you can go by ferry from Portsmouth if you don't like planes for whatever reason.
I recommend it if anyone fancies an interesting place to visit outside the UK which isn't far to get to.
Great football club as well, still only selecting locally born or locally produced players.

Red Devon

I don't follow cycling but made a point of watching the highlights of Stage 1 a week or so ago.
Very nice city Bilbao and equally pleasant countryside and coastline nearby too.
Cheap flights from Bristol available, or you can go by ferry from Portsmouth if you don't like planes for whatever reason.
I recommend it if anyone fancies an interesting place to visit outside the UK which isn't far to get to.
Great football club as well, still only selecting locally born or locally produced players.
Only downside I think they said in commentary it rains almost everyday in the Basque Country.

Red Devon

Arsene Wenger riding in the race directors car on today’s stage of the TDF.