• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

St. James Park - Championship Ground

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
I hope we’re not considering purchasing anything from someone who says “they’re” instead of “their”.
Are you comfortable with them not knowing what the plural of 'stand' is..(as in '3 more stand will be leaving')?

tom_ecfc

Jumping ahead of a Championship ground and to the Premiership, the minimum capacity is only 5,000, so we’re all good. Read this on the article that Luton have to spend £10m on upgrading an entire stand for media capacity etc.

dontpassback

tom_ecfc

IMG_1318.jpegBrighton have gone from this stadium to their current top tier stadium and have now just sold Mac Allister to Liverpool for a fee rising to £55m. We can all dream it can be done!

SaintJames

View attachment 11782Brighton have gone from this stadium to their current top tier stadium and have now just sold Mac Allister to Liverpool for a fee rising to £55m. We can all dream it can be done!
As football fans if you cannot dream then what's the point :) However, Brighton had two factors both of which we are unlikely to benefit from. Firstly, a population of 277,000 which in reality is much more with no other top club close by and secondly, Tony Bloom the owner who has pumpued hundreds of millions into the club. However, apart from that we can still dream haha

Bridgy 81

As football fans if you cannot dream then what's the point :) However, Brighton had two factors both of which we are unlikely to benefit from. Firstly, a population of 277,000 which in reality is much more with no other top club close by and secondly, Tony Bloom the owner who has pumpued hundreds of millions into the club. However, apart from that we can still dream haha
I suppose Brighton and its environs is also an attractive place to live for a lot of people because of it’s proximity to London.
I’ve only been there a few times but wasn’t especially taken with it.
The beach is too pebbly for a start.

tom_ecfc

I suppose Brighton and its environs is also an attractive place to live for a lot of people because of it’s proximity to London.
I’ve only been there a few times but wasn’t especially taken with it.
The beach is too pebbly for a start.
I’ve just seen the residents of Budleigh heading over Woodbury Common with pitch forks! 🤣

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
That looks total s###
Presumably to fill the gap

tom_ecfc

Presumably to fill the gap
Short term this could work, but medium to long term we have to look at either moving stadium or spending a lot more money filling in the corners and a potential 2nd tier to the away end/new away end configuration. Can’t see adding capacity to SJP in the medium to long term a financially sound option.

Bridgy 81

I’ve just seen the residents of Budleigh heading over Woodbury Common with pitch forks! 🤣
They’ll have a long march to get to me plus I hope they realize we’re used to dust ups with pitchforks here in Sedgemoor.
Although we were soundly beaten on our last outing in 1685.
In relation to beaches, the closest ones to me are pebbly, the water is the colour of mud if you can even see it and the enormous nuclear power station spoils the view a bit.
But I still wouldn’t swap here for Budleigh or Brighton though 🙂