• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

St Lukes vs Wycombe - 1967

dontpassback

When I was very small,my parents used to take in students from exeter university,one of of them played left back for Wycombe wanderers,and we went to see the game,it was in the days when wycombe were non league,and try as I might,I cannot remember his name,I think wycombe beat a city side,but I can’t recall the competition or the score line.

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
Cool story, bruh.

tom_ecfc

Cool story, bruh.
This one time at Adams Park…

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
When I was very small,my parents used to take in students from exeter university,one of of them played left back for Wycombe wanderers,and we went to see the game,it was in the days when wycombe were non league,and try as I might,I cannot remember his name,I think wycombe beat a city side,but I can’t recall the competition or the score line.
This game?

dontpassback

This game?

This game?

no it was played at SJP,and i seem to recall now that city lost 3 1 ,i think i was about 11 or 12 ,wycombe wore their quarter strip that they wear now,we stood in the old cowshed to watch the game but try as i might ,i cannot remember the reason for the game,or the name of the player,unfortunately both my parents have passed on,so no knowledge on that score.it was played under floodlights in midweek,maybe tues or weds,maybe someone can throw some light on it

Martin Weiler

no it was played at SJP,and i seem to recall now that city lost 3 1 ,i think i was about 11 or 12 ,wycombe wore their quarter strip that they wear now,we stood in the old cowshed to watch the game but try as i might ,i cannot remember the reason for the game,or the name of the player,unfortunately both my parents have passed on,so no knowledge on that score.it was played under floodlights in midweek,maybe tues or weds,maybe someone can throw some light on it
About what season do you think it was? If in the Cowshed it must have been pre 2000ish. Don’t think we ever played Wycombe in a competitive game before 2000. We have a good record in the Museum of non competitive games but a rough year would help us try and check.

Spoonz Red E

Very well known Exeweb poster
They beat us 3-1 at SJP in the league in 2011/12 season.
That'll be it I think. A Tuesday night game.

Ex-ciderrr

About what season do you think it was? If in the Cowshed it must have been pre 2000ish. Don’t think we ever played Wycombe in a competitive game before 2000. We have a good record in the Museum of non competitive games but a rough year would help us try and check.
I seem to recall us playing them in the LDV Vans trophy around 2000 think it was away though.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I seem to recall us playing them in the LDV Vans trophy around 2000 think it was away though.
See post #14

Ex-ciderrr

See post #14
Thankyou hants, lazy reading on my part 👍