• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Straw in the wind. Billy Sharp assaulted by a fan.

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
This is quite shocking behaviour by Preston!

geoffwp

geoffwp

Not being on twitter its difficult to know what they did. Something to do with the royal family? Does anyone know more?

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Not being on twitter its difficult to know what they did. Something to do with the royal family? Does anyone know more?
They're intending to ban a fan who expressed anti monarchy views on Twitter.

geoffwp

They're intending to ban a fan who expressed anti monarchy views on Twitter.
Aawf with his head

Colesman Ballz

Aawf with his head
I was tempted to join the FGR forum under the user name Beefeater, and offer to host Vince for a spell over his use of Her Late Majesty as a billboard for his ruddy company ! :cool:

lamrobhero

The Etc. Sport Parliamentary Committee had a recent hearing on Safety at Sports Grounds (links below) concerning football. Pitch invasions got only got a passing mention maybe they will be examined later. I will shed my usual doom and gloom because some of the content was encouraging.
The success of a project at Cardiff City was highlighted where problems were solved by listening to fans and accommodating their needs and wishes. I think, maybe we could have managed pitch invasions and Club firework displays to solve current issues? The Committe referred to ticketless fans turning up to major events and were told they should be referred to as tourists and accommodated properly - fan zones. Suggestions that problems were caused by drugs and/or alcohol were said to have no basis - indeed it was highlighted that there was generally a lack of evidence about fan behaviour. A great suggestion was that Clubs should have a common system in relation to reporting discriminatory behaviour and these should be published, so that suppoprters can make a rational decision about whether to attend.
My normal doom and gloom is caused by people, in particular chair people and managers, trying to make out there is no problem when there self evidently is and/or saying that it is nothing to do with football.

I noticed that at the Plymouth game a pitch invasion was completely off the menu. When I attended Man City games at Maine Road you could always tell when Full Time was approaching because a line of police would pop up infront of the Kippax. Progress indeed.

Actual Hearing

Hearing Transcript

i8cornwall

I've not got time to watch the above video but will later in the week as I always find things surrounding fan culture interesting so I'll refrain from commenting on that.

I don't think there is a problem per say with pitch invasions and clearly mass invasions are centered around the end of season.

Cardiff where a club I'd regularly quote as a good example of when talking to city about fan matters.

I would say that as a club city are quite open to fan engagement and will always try to be fair towards those who might have over stepped the mark. Now could city do more or improve? Of course they could but who couldn't?

I think the issue for us as a club is now how to improve engagement and react to the ever changing situations as let's be honest pyro wasn't an issue 10 years ago bit clearly is now
(regardless of you're thoughts or opinions on it as I'm sure mine will differ to others).

I would assume the above isn't anything to do with the fan lead review as I'm sure that had or was about to be dumped by our "great government".

lamrobhero

I've not got time to watch the above video but will later in the week as I always find things surrounding fan culture interesting so I'll refrain from commenting on that.

I don't think there is a problem per say with pitch invasions and clearly mass invasions are centered around the end of season.

Cardiff where a club I'd regularly quote as a good example of when talking to city about fan matters.

I would say that as a club city are quite open to fan engagement and will always try to be fair towards those who might have over stepped the mark. Now could city do more or improve? Of course they could but who couldn't?

I think the issue for us as a club is now how to improve engagement and react to the ever changing situations as let's be honest pyro wasn't an issue 10 years ago bit clearly is now
(regardless of you're thoughts or opinions on it as I'm sure mine will differ to others).

I would assume the above isn't anything to do with the fan lead review as I'm sure that had or was about to be dumped by our "great government".
The hearing was rather long winded but amongst it there were some interesting bits. There were also good contributions re participation of women and disabled supporters. The best overall perspectives came from the academics (football administrators were not on the panel - maybe in the future?). I think that this is something separate from "the fan led review", the title suggests they are looking at safety at all sports grounds.
Re ECFC I am a bit of a passive consumer but my main gripe would be the pre-match catering but I recognise space limitations. If the alcohol ban was removed I look forward to the time when I can be sat in my seat at the SASS and use my mobile phove to order my prawn sandwiches and Chardonnay which would be delivered to me in my seat whilst watching pre-match entertainment.