• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Summer Transfer Thread 2023

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
There are some who would like him back a third time !
Only for his ridiculous quotes.

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Only for his ridiculous quotes.
He's perfectly entitled to make those.

fred binneys head

Only for his ridiculous clothes.
Amended.

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Gus Honeybun

A City fan all the time! :)

Bridgy 81

I know I’m jumping the gun just a bit but as there’s already 10 pages on this thread I feel it’s safe to ask.
Anyone got and tips, rumours or even whispers about who we may be in for in the summer?
Obviously it depends largely on who leaves and we don’t know that yet.
But lots of people on here seem to have ways of keeping their ear to the ground more than I do, so someone may have heard something?

andrew p long

I know I’m jumping the gun just a bit but as there’s already 10 pages on this thread I feel it’s safe to ask.
Anyone got and tips, rumours or even whispers about who we may be in for in the summer?
Obviously it depends largely on who leaves and we don’t know that yet.
But lots of people on here seem to have ways of keeping their ear to the ground more than I do, so someone may have heard something?
Not a Scooby.

I'd not heard of Demetri Mitchell, Joe White, Gary Woods or James Scott before January. I'd heard of Kevin MacDonald and Will Aimson , but didn't imagine them as ECFC signings.

To find plausible rumours then the best place to start is players that GC has worked with before, like Mitchell,White and Scott. But even that's a bit tricky as the example of Mitchell shows. GC worked with him when he was freelance coaching (with the City Group?) and Mitchell was leaving Man Utd having been injured.. And GC helped him get the contract at Blackpool. Not easy to find out about/know of such connections.

Bridgy 81

Not a Scooby.

I'd not heard of Demetri Mitchell, Joe White, Gary Woods or James Scott before January. I'd heard of Kevin MacDonald and Will Aimson , but didn't imagine them as ECFC signings.

To find plausible rumours then the best place to start is players that GC has worked with before, like Mitchell,White and Scott. But even that's a bit tricky as the example of Mitchell shows. GC worked with him when he was freelance coaching (with the City Group?) and Mitchell was leaving Man Utd having been injured.. And GC helped him get the contract at Blackpool. Not easy to find out about/know of such connections.
I hadn’t heard of Mitchell, Woods or Scott either but was aware of McDonald and Aimson.
I wonder how much Gary’s knowledge of players he’s had an involvement with before and keenness to recruit some of them fits in with the recruitment role Marcus has and the scouting one Malcolm Crosby has?
Perhaps another question to put to Marcus tomorrow if I get the chance?

Simba3011

Seems like Gary wants to get signings in early for next season1682605663267.png

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
View attachment 11485
Seems like Gary wants to get signings in early for next season
Would love some swift business as last summer dragged. But then we’ll still probably need to be patient.

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Would love some swift business as last summer dragged. But then we’ll still probably need to be patient.
I think we will always need to be patient. Good players will generally have multiple offers and will want to assess their options before committing.