• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Summer Transfer Thread 2023

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I assume though a club could release a player and we snap them up? Is there any rule on the length of time between being released and then signing for another club? I'm sure we've signed a player in this way before?
Yes we can.

tom_ecfc

I assume though a club could release a player and we snap them up? Is there any rule on the length of time between being released and then signing for another club? I'm sure we've signed a player in this way before?
Bit of a back hander and I bet this happens quite a bit without anyone knowing 😉

Trapdoor

Bit of a back hander and I bet this happens quite a bit without anyone knowing 😉
Corruption in English football? Surely not. :oops:

1693912209639.png

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yes…..but just a reminder……Tony Kellow was signed by us from Falmouth Town. David Wheeler from Staines. Yes the window is shut currently but there are some nuggets to be found outside the 92…..plus Scotland and Ireland leagues of course. Sweenz went to Reading from Bray Wanderers remember . There may be a good‘un available now….and deffo in Jan. Just need to find them. Reece Cole another example.
We signed Alan Banks from Cambridge City.

StudentGrecian

I’m sure they have to be released before the window closed, so even if someone was released today, we’d have to wait until January before we could register them. That is the case with the rest of football league clubs at the very least.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
I’m sure they have to be released before the window closed, so even if someone was released today, we’d have to wait until January before we could register them. That is the case with the rest of football league clubs at the very least.
Yes, this is true. When Crawley signed Dean Cox a few years back I remember he had to go out on loan (Eastbourne?) until January as he was ineligible until the window opened again.

kuznetsov

View attachment 12665
What a disgusting pair of crooks. Let's never forget how different things can be.

wiveygrecian

View attachment 12665
Anyone know if they are still around somewhere??

PeteUni1984_7

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster

View attachment 12665
"It wasn't stolen property at all, no...............it were a van" :)