• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Summer Transfer Thread 2023

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
You have to offer the same terms money wise or more to get any compensation. So at least we would have offered the same terms in a monetary sense. Would imagine we have offered more.
Quite. Don't understand why the unlucky one posted that comment.

Number13

Ok, shouldnt have to explain but will

We obviously want them to sign but accept they probably wont

So you could go down the route of not offering them anything or you offer them the same or better to ensure we get compo but knowing, in the real world that they wont actually sign

iscalad

Ok, shouldnt have to explain but will

We obviously want them to sign but accept they probably wont

So you could go down the route of not offering them anything or you offer them the same or better to ensure we get compo but knowing, in the real world that they wont actually sign
What makes you think they won't sign?

Grecian Max

They both think they can do better and as GC has said these offers have been in the table for a very long time now. If they were very keen to stay the ink would already be dry.

For Archie it makes sense, I think he can get a richer League 1 team to invest in him, perhaps even Championship. He’s defied my expectations actually, I had him down as a League 2 player at best and said so numerous times, fair play to him.

Josh, well he’ll look back on leaving as a mistake IMO, not that I want him to stay particularly but because if he ends up at a bigger club I can’t see him doing all that well if he continues the current trend of not developing. But then Archie proved me wrong so who knows.

Bridgy 81

Perhaps Archie fancies coming home to Fairfax Park.
He’ll probably get some game time, not too sure about the wages though.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Perhaps Archie fancies coming home to Fairfax Park.
He’ll probably get some game time, not too sure about the wages though.
As long as it's not Gnome Park !
UTC

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Wonga

hillview red

They both think they can do better and as GC has said these offers have been in the table for a very long time now. If they were very keen to stay the ink would already be dry.

For Archie it makes sense, I think he can get a richer League 1 team to invest in him, perhaps even Championship. He’s defied my expectations actually, I had him down as a League 2 player at best and said so numerous times, fair play to him.

Josh, well he’ll look back on leaving as a mistake IMO, not that I want him to stay particularly but because if he ends up at a bigger club I can’t see him doing all that well if he continues the current trend of not developing. But then Archie proved me wrong so who knows.
Since Josh has returned to his natural position of RWB, we have seen an upturn in form and consistency. Exeter City Football Club are responsible for his lack of development over recent months as they sacrificed his growth and used him as a sticking plaster. Playing right of a back 3, left wing, CAM, right wing, left back and other positions is hardly going to help him flourish.

Barring injury and a return to pick and mix positioning, Josh will finish the season strongly and get the move his ability and possibly more important, his character deserves.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
Since Josh has returned to his natural position of RWB, we have seen an upturn in form and consistency. Exeter City Football Club are responsible for his lack of development over recent months as they sacrificed his growth and used him as a sticking plaster. Playing right of a back 3, left wing, CAM, right wing, left back and other positions is hardly going to help him flourish.

Barring injury and a return to pick and mix positioning, Josh will finish the season strongly and get the move his ability and possibly more important, his character deserves.
Key and Collins will go at the end of the season. The only sticking point will be compensation we receive. Both go with great well wishes from me, but I cannot see them being here next season (Unless they pick up a serious enough injury to off put other clubs)

I agree on Key, Bar the CB position as this was literally down to severe injuries in that position, Key has been utilised in a way which has weakened him and the side. Since he has gone back to RWB and other players playing in their stronger positions, we have looked a much better side for it.

Colesman Ballz

They went bust ! :p