• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Summer Transfer Thread 2023

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster

more 'Matt Grimes to Southampton speculation, based on Russell Martin's habit of taking trusted former players with him

Exehausted

Sweeney has been brilliant for us over the years. At 29 in September I think any bid would be £250,000 at the most and even that's a stretch. If there is any truth in these rumours, which I doubt, then the decimal point is in the wrong place!

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Sweeney has been brilliant for us over the years. At 29 in September I think any bid would be £250,000 at the most and even that's a stretch. If there is any truth in these rumours, which I doubt, then the decimal point is in the wrong place!
Definitely a stretch, IMO! No one is paying quarter of a million for Sweeney, as much as well loved here. He’s been very good for us but he’s got plenty of limitations and clubs can sign just as good players on free transfers every summer.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
It's clearly a fake account and I didn't even realise anyone on here was actually taking it seriously!

2m+ for Pierce Sweeney. There's more chance of us re-signing Ollie Watkins.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I can't believe how gullible some people are..........I'd be a amazed if the original post and follow ups aren't some persons attempt at satire ..........Sweeney......£2m........really?
I don't think people of any intelligence are taking it seriously.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Last summer, to see how gullible people are, I created one of these fake accounts on Twitter, gave it a credible sounding name and profile picture and put a few tweets out about League One / Two players. Only had a few nibbles untilI tweeted about Bradford being interested in someone and then all Hell broke loose.

rifraf

I can't believe how gullible some people are..........I'd be a amazed if the original post and follow ups aren't some persons attempt at satire ..........Sweeney......£2m........really?
Now been updated. Supposed to be 2.5m Turkiss lira.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Now been updated. Supposed to be 2.5m Turkiss lira.
Should think if Ipswich have been offered Sweenz for £2.5m they'd be telling that agent to (Tur)kiss my butt.

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'd be surprised if we got 50 grand for Sweeney!

I hope the gullible ones are joking...

red1

Me thinks Bernard le roux is a total BS merchant !
10 out of ten 😂