• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Summer Transfer Thread 2023

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
I see George Friend isn't playing for Birmingham. Possibly injured or just out of favour?

Hes 35 now and one last season at City would make sense.
Scored for their U21s recently.

Cowshed Grecian

I see George Friend isn't playing for Birmingham. Possibly injured or just out of favour?

Hes 35 now and one last season at City would make sense.
Make sense for who? Maybe a replacement for Grounds?…Gladly-I don’t think we are in a position to be needing to sign the old boys for nostalgic reasons anymore.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Make sense for who? Maybe a replacement for Grounds?…Gladly-I don’t think we are in a position to be needing to sign the old boys for nostalgic reasons anymore.
I just think he's a very good player and has played Championship for a good number of years. If he's struggling to get in the Birmingham side he could come back to us and be our best defender for a season.

Cowshed Grecian

I just think he's a very good player and has played Championship for a good number of years. If he's struggling to get in the Birmingham side he could come back to us and be our best defender for a season.
Great player…he won’t be the same player you remember though if he comes back, we might get 10 games out of him. IMO we need to stop signing these sort of club stalwarts like we have done for donkeys years it’s not moving forward it it?

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Great player…he won’t be the same player you remember though if he comes back, we might get 10 games out of him. IMO we need to stop signing these sort of club stalwarts like we have done for donkeys years it’s not moving forward it it?
Which other club stalwarts have we re-signed? Moxey came back and did a decent enough job in his second spell, albeit ended not so well for him. If we replaced Grounds with Friend for next season I'd be delighted. There's nothing to suggest we'd only get 10 games out of him and think of the experience he'd bring to the dressing room. No brainer in my mind, should the opportunity arise.

Reactions: Ash

Cowshed Grecian

Which other club stalwarts have we re-signed? Moxey came back and did a decent enough job in his second spell, albeit ended not so well for him. If we replaced Grounds with Friend for next season I'd be delighted. There's nothing to suggest we'd only get 10 games out of him and think of the experience he'd bring to the dressing room. No brainer in my mind, should the opportunity arise.
Jesus where do you want me to start Danny Bailey, Dazza Robo, Buster phillips, Seaborne…😂

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Jesus where do you want me to start Danny Bailey, Dazza Robo, Buster phillips, Seaborne…😂
Kells..Nevs....

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Banks...Big Kev....

Martin Weiler

More recently - Ryan Harley and Curo

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Stockley