• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Summer Transfer Thread

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
I fear that's not an unusually high salary for a top end of L1 player, but given he was at Cheltenham last season seems excessive for a 20 year old who can't get in the Swansea squad.
Tell that to his agent!

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Tell that to his agent!
I'd rather you did... ;)

Corey

Conor Wickham went to Forest Green on a deal til January, pretty low risk for them, if he can’t prove his fitness they don’t have him on the wage bill for long.
Seems the transfer is already paying off as he has already scored.
Could we be looking at something similar with Vassell? Obviously the circumstances are different but it just shows it can work

Benjisheps14

Milwaukee, Wisconsin (but formerly Bude, Cornwall)
Conor Wickham went to Forest Green on a deal til January, pretty low risk for them, if he can’t prove his fitness they don’t have him on the wage bill for long.
Seems the transfer is already paying off as he has already scored.
Could we be looking at something similar with Vassell? Obviously the circumstances are different but it just shows it can work
I think that is the case.
We were in for Wickham and he turned us down for FGR.

This is what prompted MT to start talking about what the other clubs that were promoted with us were spending compared to ourselves.

dommers

This is what prompted MT to start talking about what the other clubs that were promoted with us were spending compared to ourselves.
Surely he knew from the outset that we would be priced out of lots of players and wonder if we've been too ambitious and may lose out altogether. Personally fell the first XI is good enough to stay up although does need a bit more depth to it. We all want top league one players to sign although wonder if focusing on developing our own and signing younger players who we can develop might have been a better approach.

Benjisheps14

Milwaukee, Wisconsin (but formerly Bude, Cornwall)
Surely he knew from the outset that we would be priced out of lots of players and wonder if we've been too ambitious and may lose out altogether. Personally fell the first XI is good enough to stay up although does need a bit more depth to it. We all want top league one players to sign although wonder if focusing on developing our own and signing younger players who we can develop might have been a better approach.
I think this summer has really been a struggle and eye opener for MT in terms of just how difficult it is going to be for us to compete financially.

I would argue that MT is trying to develop our own and sign younger players when he can. However; he also recognizes that we will need some experience as well and like you have pointed out some more depth if we are to compete.
I agree with you that our starting 11 is good enough to compete, but like MT has said we are 1-2 injuries away from also really struggling and that’s the fine line that we are dealing with.

Unfortunately we are in a difficult market, but hopefully we will get some reinforcements in soon as I’m sure everyone at the club is working hard to do so.

I’d take 4 points this week which would represent a great start to the season!

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Hopefully we have learnt from singing Ajose.
I think we got more than singed. We got our fingers well and truly burned.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
16 days until the window closes.

IndoMike

So, Agent Andy has been on the down low this week. Methinks he's on to something.
Hopefully he'll report back to us soon with a report on latest sightings ..

Banksy

So, Agent Andy has been on the down low this week. Methinks he's on to something.
Hopefully he'll report back to us soon with a report on latest sightings ..
Last time I heard he’d lost one of his binocular lenses , not so handy Andy.