• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Summer Transfer Thread

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
Blimey, it just goes to show the difference between the haves and the have nots.
I’ve read about three Wolves players on here I’ve never heard of before (and I’m sure there are more) who with respect to them are not really that near their first team but could be incredibly useful for us.
It makes you wonder how many players these big clubs have squirrelled away that don’t really get properly used.
I suppose it’s the disparity between the Premier League and where we are, but it does seem to me like it’s a completely different world.
They are very much near the first team as they have both been on the bench this season. I think either would be a great addition (if we can afford them!) though they might feel its a bit of a come down for them

Last edited:

Bridgy 81

They are very much near the first team as they have both been on the bench this season. I think either would be a great addition (if we can afford them!) though they might feel its a bit of a come down for them
I don’t disagree with you that any of the three Wolves players mentioned may very well be good acquisitions for us.
I suppose my point (maybe not very clearly expressed) was that it’s a bit frustrating that clubs above us have so many ‘spare’ players they’re not really using and we‘re rooting around at the last minute trying to scoop up one of two that would make a big difference potentially to our season but wouldn’t really be missed by their parent club.
Facts of life, I know.

STURTZ

Those "spare: players may not be doing much, but they're earning s**t loads for it.

geoffwp

I don’t disagree with you that any of the three Wolves players mentioned may very well be good acquisitions for us.
I suppose my point (maybe not very clearly expressed) was that it’s a bit frustrating that clubs above us have so many ‘spare’ players they’re not really using and we‘re rooting around at the last minute trying to scoop up one of two that would make a big difference potentially to our season but wouldn’t really be missed by their parent club.
Facts of life, I know.
It's one of the distasteful things about the way a lot of premiership clubs operate. Hoover up young potential players by blowing smoke, whispering in their ears and showing them a glittering money packed future then shoving them into one of the youth sides where they become one of many 'just in case' but only a few emerge to claim the prize. I guess they do it just because they can afford to do it.

SimonBB

Or Luke Cundle? Probably not he looks out of our scope

iscalad

Wouldn't have thought another midfielder was a priority

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Wouldn't have thought another midfielder was a priority
According to that report he can play defensive midfield and attacking midfield so would be very useful. We're one or 2 short in midfield and 2 short upfront.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
So this is how it is, we’re in for a very good wolves midfielder which would be a great signing in my book, still ongoing .
We’ve had another loan put on hold for some reason and we have got a loan coming in on Monday. Gives us something to debate for a few days 👍👍
Cheers Andy keep up the good work UTC

iscalad

According to that report he can play defensive midfield and attacking midfield so would be very useful. We're one or 2 short in midfield and 2 short upfront.
So who would you drop? We have to assume the loanee would be expected to play most games.

sign of the chimes

connor ronan would be a great signing if thats who it is, but id have thought out of our price range and in contract til 2024
https://punditarena.com/football/andrew-dempsey/connor-ronan-future-unclear-wolves-record-signing/
We had Connor Ronan on loan in a January window about four and a half years ago (time flies) when he was 19. First 45 minutes we thought we'd pulled off a coup but it was a false dawn - a player who'd had no mens football and it showed.

It looks like he's had far more games now; I'll be interested to see how much he's kicked on if he ends up in L1 this season - as he clearly had bags of talent but was callow in a footballing sense when we had him.