• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Supporter Survey

David Treharne

Oh yeah, and please no Lickert scales.

mumbo

The University Business School.
Elaine

Jazzi

Oh yeah, and please no Lickert scales.
No Licking what?

David Treharne

No Licking what?
Respondents may be offered a choice of five to seven or even nine pre-coded responses with the neutral point being neither agree nor disagree. In it final form, the Likert Scale is a five (or seven) point scale which is used to allow the individual to express how much they agree or disagree with a particular statement. It's a particularly blunt instrument which provides a set of confusing data when trying to articulate precise views meanings or opinions. Hope this helps.

Doug3101

Respondents may be offered a choice of five to seven or even nine pre-coded responses with the neutral point being neither agree nor disagree. In it final form, the Likert Scale is a five (or seven) point scale which is used to allow the individual to express how much they agree or disagree with a particular statement. It's a particularly blunt instrument which provides a set of confusing data when trying to articulate precise views meanings or opinions. Hope this helps.
I think the fact that the Club and Trust have come together to put something out there means more than trying to pull apart how it's being presented.
In the 10 Trust meetings I have been to since my election, we have had about a dozen members attend (most of whom were from a supporters group and all went to one together)
If the Trust and Club boards are to steer the club in the right direction then we need to know from the people that matter what that direction is.
We are here to listen and act but we need people to start talking.

Red Nose

Nothing wrong with a Likert scale David :) Indeed they can even be 4 or 6 point scales with no mid point. They can be more than just agree / disagree. I use likely / unlikely, useful / not useful, interested / not interested and a whole load of others, regularly.

Used correctly they are not a blunt instrument. Indeed you'll find very few surveys where a Likert scale is not used. Here to help :)

Saint James

I think the fact that the Club and Trust have come together to put something out there means more than trying to pull apart how it's being presented.
In the 10 Trust meetings I have been to since my election, we have had about a dozen members attend (most of whom were from a supporters group and all went to one together)
If the Trust and Club boards are to steer the club in the right direction then we need to know from the people that matter what that direction is.
We are here to listen and act but we need people to start talking.
Doug, you are so right and the process of engaging with fans is just as important as the end destination. I'm really hoping the Survey tackles what I would suggest is the fundamental question - "what should be the level of our ambition as a football club"? Only if that question is answered can Trust and Club Boards steer the direction of the club. As a club we have come a long way over these past 5 -10 years and are now seen as a sustainable top end L2 club - that may seem dull to some but is far removed from lower league 2 struggler for most of our history. I would like to see where the bulk of respondents feel we should aim to be as a club. Even moving to be a sustainable League One club from our current position requires a strategy to achieve that let alone seeking a move into the Championship. Different scenarios require different strategies and different levels of investment. I really hope the survey is asking these types of questions and not fluff about toilets and catering outlets?

dontpassback

If you don’t ask any questions you will never know :$

Pete Martin (CTID)

Very well known Exeweb poster
I really hope the survey is asking these types of questions and not fluff about toilets and catering outlets?
Trust me St. James, it does. It is pretty detailed, as you will see very shortly.

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
So when do get to take part in this survey?