• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Tagg statement on summer transfers

Newtonpop

I swear there are people on here who if they found a fiver would moan it wasn't a tenner.
Agree Ant. How many other club chairmen have put out a general statement about a certain players transfer let alone any other club business.

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
Agree Ant. How many other club chairmen have put out a general statement about a certain players transfer let alone any other club business.
In fairness though, Tagg isn't like other chairmen, he's a paid employee of the club, who in my opinion shouldn't be keeping back stuff from the fans totally responsible for paying his wages. I would have thought he's duty bound to tell everything he knows regarding transfers in and out.

Matt Russell

I would have thought he's duty bound to tell everything he knows regarding transfers in and out.
Tell everything? He should tell us (and all in sundry) ALL the players on the Club's wishlist? He should tell us the Club's top figure for these targets? He should tell us ALL the current players he is prepared to lose/swop?

Antony Moxey

In fairness though, Tagg isn't like other chairmen, he's a paid employee of the club, who in my opinion shouldn't be keeping back stuff from the fans totally responsible for paying his wages. I would have thought he's duty bound to tell everything he knows regarding transfers in and out.
Why would you think that?

PeteUSA

Why would you think that?
For all the reasons I think I said.

And no Mr Russell, I dont feel like debating any issues with you at 1.45 in the morning here!

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
That's ok then ......... as you don't put any money into the club YOU don't need to be told !

PeteUSA

That's ok then ......... as you don't put any money into the club YOU don't need to be told !
Come on ramone, come up with something original instead of going along with Mr Russells debatable train of thought. Doesn't originator and founder member of the original Exeter City Trust stand for anything? I'm quite happy the way things eventually worked out.

Antony Moxey

For all the reasons I think I said.

And no Mr Russell, I dont feel like debating any issues with you at 1.45 in the morning here!
Then your reasoning is flawed. That fans pay his wages is incidental and irrelevant. Fans pay to watch football, they don't pay to choose where their money goes so in that respect the club is under no obligation whatsoever to divulge transfer fees.

Why do you think we should be told transfer fees, and what difference does it make to how you support the club whether you know or not?