• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Tagg statement on summer transfers

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Not a hell of a lot of information we didn't know already, but there is a clear statement that the Wheeler numbers are undisclosed at QPR's request, that some people doubted was really the case. good that our kit man got the new players the right size shirts, I actually thought that detail was quite sweet, even though I'm sure some will find it "tinpot" etc etc

https://www.exetercityfc.co.uk/news/2017/september/chairmans-report-transfer-update/

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
Not sure what else he could say really. Praised the club staff, which is always nice to hear, explained that outgoing transfers paved the way for incoming transfers and our ability to pay fees, gave details of how some of the transfers came about and said that it wasn't us who requested fees be undisclosed.

So yes it's short on specifics, but I don't think there's much he could do about that, plus it doesn't really matter that much that we don't know the pounds and pence of everything anyway.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
At least he's updated us that there's no update on Ampadu. Should keep some on here happy...

StroudGrecian

Funny how we only get these Chairman's Reports when things are going well.

Antony Moxey

I swear there are people on here who if they found a fiver would moan it wasn't a tenner.

IndoMike

The statement seems fair enough to me.

malcolms

I swear there are people on here who if they found a fiver would moan it wasn't a tenner.
£50 would be better.... :)

Grecian2K

On the bright side, at least we haven't got a £22M (or even £100k) player sat on his btm until January (while doubtless still trousering a salary)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41118927

And all for the sake of a mere 14 SECONDS*. Makes our "little tinpot" admin team look rather good value for money eh?

*To any LCFC supporters lurking. It could have been worse. Your Premiersh*t Business Management team could have been using the ExeWeb clock instead - on current form they'd have missed it be 14 minutes!!!

Saint James

antman;1671355. good that our kit man got the new players the right size shirts said:
https://www.exetercityfc.co.uk/news/2017/september/chairmans-report-transfer-update/[/url]
Kit lady but actually yes I agree the kind of info that wouldn't be mentioned at most clubs :)

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Kit lady but actually yes I agree the kind of info that wouldn't be mentioned at most clubs :)
Aha, my apologies to Lou. Silly assumption really given that Lou as a short name for men is only used in the States now I think about it.