• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Thank you

David Treharne

Thanks to all those who turned up today to undertake the slighty unenviable task of putting together the election posting - there was an excellent turn out, and a belief that the way in which the election is to be conducted will further enhance the credibility and standing of the Trust. Special thanks to Lister and his colleagues for devising what (should be) is a better system of checks and guards for the whole process. Now all that members have to do is remember to return their ballot papers!

ecfc girl

Well-known Exeweb poster
Good to hear that Dave.
I'm especially glad I only have to stamp the overseas mail!

Northants Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Well done and thanks to all ...

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Impressed. Despite being sent 2nd class, has already turned up! Well done.

Last edited:

older-codger

Mine arrived this morning too. Pity I can't vote though since I didn't renew my membership!!! How many other wasted postages are there I wonder?

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
Owing to the timing of this mailout, I am aware that there will be some who have not renewed their membership, or whom are listed as current members who are in fact not. Unfortunately with the proximity of the Liverpool game, We were not able to properly reconcile the database and it was decided to make use of the best and most uptodate data from the priority database (as this contained all of our new members).

The Trust Membership Coordinator is working hard on consolidating all data, and hopefully this will be completed in the coming weeks. Any queries should be addressed to him via email to [email protected]

I hope this explains the position.

Apologies for any inconvenience.

Martin

older-codger

Not inconvenient Martin, just concerned at the wasted cost. I'm surprised that I am still on any Trust members list as it must be at least 6 months ago that I confirmed that I was not renewing.

If you are using the Priority list then surely that will include a large number of ST holders (like myslef) who are not Trust members - is that not some 60%?

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
I am aware of the error, and rest assured the 'error rate' will not be 60% but there will be some people on the mailing list that shouldn't be. This is all to do with the way the Trust membership data was taken from our database, and cross referenced with the priority database.

All in all, a simple error which was exacerbated by the pressures I was under at the time.

There are currently plans in place to change the membership database and this will be actioned in the coming weeks. This will make this sort of error all the more difficult to occur in future.

In the meantime, I hold my hand up and say this was my fault and I apologise for the extra unnecessary expense that may have resulted from this error.

Martin Lawrence