• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Armchair Detective Thread

Mr Jinx

Very well known Exeweb poster
Have a go hero diving expert dude has come across a bit of a tit

Radio Free Skaro

So the conspiracy theorists cranks are out in force on this disappearance. Tik Tok is full of stuff about crisis actors and government distraction and has huge traction. There's some seriously weird people out there!
Tik Tok really is shit.

Radio Free Skaro

sadly it looks like they have found Nicola's body

Banksy

A very sad end to events , so sorry for her poor family including her two children .

andrew p long

Yeah, not been mentioned at all so far though. I’m just curious as to how he can be 100% certain she didn’t fall into the water when the police think she probably did. The only way he can be 100% sure is if he knows what happened, but it’s probably just clumsy phrasing from someone who must be going through hell.
Its to do with the psychology of having a missing, quite likely dead, family member. To say or accept that the person is dead (and implicitly 'now let's move on with our lives, focussing on the children' etc) feels like a betrayal of the missing person. You hope against hope that the missing person is still alive (and have to say things to the 6 and 9 year old). So you tell yourself (often implausible) stories about the possibilities of the missing person returning alive and well.

The saddest cases are of course those where 25 years and more pass by without a body , where the family are often still unwilling to accept that the missing person is dead and continue to live in hope and express optimism that the person will turn up.

(NB it would also have been a bizarre move by someone who was involved in a disappearance to rubbish the principal police theory that put them in the clear!)

Mr Jinx

And so the crack diving search expert can sleep well tonight knowing the body was found by a clairvoyant. 🤷‍♂️

elginCity

The case of the aristo's daughter, convicted rapist boyfriend and dead child is puzzling. Been in the news constantly since their abandoned burnt out car was found on the M6 but they weren't fugitives from justice or to my knowledge suspected of committing any crime. Seems they have done since, having neglected their baby, but just don't get what triggered the press interest initially. Thousands of people disappear and live off grid every year.

angelic upstart

The case of the aristo's daughter, convicted rapist boyfriend and dead child is puzzling. Been in the news constantly since their abandoned burnt out car was found on the M6 but they weren't fugitives from justice or to my knowledge suspected of committing any crime. Seems they have done since, having neglected their baby, but just don't get what triggered the press interest initially. Thousands of people disappear and live off grid every year.
I believe that the lady was fearful that social services would take her child away (she had previously had children taken away, I don't know why) and in some vain attempt to try and evade losing her child ended up where we are. A terrible shame.

Mr Jinx

Puzzling indeed. Said aristo was in line for a £100M+ inherintance, but had an epiphany, thought better, gave it all up and fled the country.

Fast forward a generation and his daughter shacks up with rapists.

Hey ho.

elginCity

Hmm...