• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The BBC

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Let's be honest, the BBC is a fooking joke.

They are continually moaning about a lack of cash yet Lineker is still on not far off 2 million despite a pay cut, he recently signed a 5 year contract, WTF. His mate Shearer is on nearly 400k despite offering next to nothing. I've never met anyone who watches MOTD because Lineker and Shearer are on it. It's ridiculous, loads of people could do a great job for 100k a year. Zoe Ball is on around 1.4 million, newsreaders are picking up 500k a year, someone like John McEnroe gets 200k for a few appearances at Wimbledon each year.

They have often used the excuse that they need to pay good money to keep their best staff, would Zoe Ball get 1.4 million a year anywhere else, of course she wouldn't, she'd be lucky to get 200k. Would Huw Edwards get 500k elsewhere, no chance, I only see him once or twice a week, it really is a massive p1$$ take.

Last edited:

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
I love the BBC

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
I love the BBC
List your reasons.

LOG

Their half updated website is irritating me at the moment.

I know someone who worked at Broadcasting House and she said that she's never seen such an inefficient, poorly managed organisation which seemed to spend the most money in all of the wrong areas.

Banksy

No need to convince me mate it’s just a gravy train for certain people.Sooner they lose the licence and have to stand on their own feet the better. Outdated.
But I’ve already signed petitions to get rid , don’t get me started.......

Alistair20000

Spot on TPC and Banksy.

BBC full of over paid people; some being to55ers as well.

Licence fee no longer in the modern world.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
The business section on the BBC website has become a joke as well. It's littered with nonsense, for example people claiming covid 19 has decimated their business, two minutes research shows you their business had a turnover of less than 5k last year.

Not sure who runs the business page however they appear to be extremely naive, all they need to do is a few moments research a lot of the time.

It's embarrassing.

iscalad

List your reasons.
70 % of all the programmes I watch are on the BBC

Alistair20000

The business section on the BBC website has become a joke as well. It's littered with nonsense, for example people claiming covid 19 has decimated their business, two minutes research shows you their business had a turnover of less than 5k last year.

Not sure who runs the business page however they appear to be extremely naive, all they need to do is a few moments research a lot of the time.

It's embarrassing.
How do you establish that the businesses in question turned over £5,000 or less ?

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
How do you establish that the businesses in question turned over £5,000 or less ?
Look at their accounts.