• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The BBC

Spanks

Administrator
Staff member
I thought Mr Vaughn's reporting re Jonathan Trott was appalling.
Trotty is another I’ve worked with over the years.

Recently received the bat he scored his last 1st class century with, for Warwicks against Sussex, at Hove. It was signed, with all details of the knock, and some chump had taken it into the nets and broken it.

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Michael is a really nice guy.

I've worked with him numerous times over the last 20 years, and he's always been knowledgeable, generous with his time, and very loyal.

I admit radio and tv may not always convey the reality.
I have never met him, but my dislike stems from his commentaries on an Ashes tour down under a few years back. His attitude came across as considering himself totally superior and very disparaging to all England's efforts. He did not seem to demonstrate any loyalty to England, as he constantly seemed to be suggesting how the Aussies should change their tactics to be even more effective against the struggling English team.

DB9

I see the statue outside BBC Broadcasting House in London has again been the subject of vandalism, Due to the history of the person who sculptured this i do think its about time it was taken down (Not by a mob but by the BBC itself)

Mr Jinx

I see the statue outside BBC Broadcasting House in London has again been the subject of vandalism, Due to the history of the person who sculptured this i do think its about time it was taken down (Not by a mob but by the BBC itself)
Not like the BBC to turn a blind eye to kiddy fiddling is it.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
I have never met him, but my dislike stems from his commentaries on an Ashes tour down under a few years back. His attitude came across as considering himself totally superior and very disparaging to all England's efforts. He did not seem to demonstrate any loyalty to England, as he constantly seemed to be suggesting how the Aussies should change their tactics to be even more effective against the struggling English team.
Surely that is a job of a pundit, to comment on the game as they see it and not be outwardly bias to England etc. A pundit isn't there to be blindly loyal to one side of the other, it is a national radio broadcast, not a local broadcast for just England fans or a local broadcast like Radio devon for Exeter fans etc. is it.

Whilst I personally have no opinion either way on him as a person, Cricket commentary is rarely partisan like football commentary is.

DB9

Not like the BBC to turn a blind eye to kiddy fiddling is it.
Unfortunatly not, Seems like my whole childhood viewing on the BBC were done by nonces.

Colesman Ballz

Surely that is a job of a pundit, to comment on the game as they see it and not be outwardly bias to England etc. A pundit isn't there to be blindly loyal to one side of the other, it is a national radio broadcast, not a local broadcast for just England fans or a local broadcast like Radio devon for Exeter fans etc. is it.

Whilst I personally have no opinion either way on him as a person, Cricket commentary is rarely partisan like football commentary is.
He wasn't being impartial though, that was my problem with him. You would have been excused for thinking that his name was "Bruce" given the extent of his "Pom bashing" !

angelic upstart

Jesus Navas! That interview the beeb did with Andrew Tate is proper car crash stuff.

Oldsmobile-88

Jesus Navas! That interview the beeb did with Andrew Tate is proper car crash stuff.
I’m probably one of the very few people who have never heard of him. He came across as a obnoxious bully to the interviewer, who stood her ground very well.
Sad that cnuts like that apparently have huge sway on SM.

angelic upstart

I’m probably one of the very few people who have never heard of him. He came across as a obnoxious bully to the interviewer, who stood her ground very well.
Sad that cnuts like that apparently have huge sway on SM.
I agree. However, she was anything but impartial. She was woefully underprepared and seemingly argued constantly. She should have known better despite him being a proper *******.

I watched the whole thing which Tate recorded, and it's terrible to watch. He doesn't even believe his own nonsense "I'm the most influential man on the planet" he said. Then repeats "I'm the most googled man on the planet" when she asks if he believes that. If he was a proper alpha male, he'd have simply said "yeah, that's what I just said".