• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The bos shakeup

rightwing

Well-known Exeweb poster
The 6 year maximum continuous service rule would have meant that no less than 7 Trustees would have had to retire at this year’s October AGM. These are:-

Tony Badcock
Dave Treharne
Damien Mills
Denise Watts
Rob Doidge
Trevor Manley
Adrian Hitchcox

However it was deemed that, because of the need for continuity, the retiring number would be restricted to 5, and 2 would be granted an additional year’s service with selection by lot. In that draw the successful ones were Denise and myself (Adrian Hitchcox). I have however decided not to take up the option of the additional year and resigned at this week’s BOS over issues concerned with ground redevelopment. Trevor Manley is therefore next in line and will continue on the BOS for another year.

I understand that approximately 15 election packs have been applied for and these have to be returned in the next few days if candidates wish to put themselves up for election. Two prospective candidates sat in on Thursday’s BOS meeting and I would urge all others to continue with the election process.

The Trustees now retiring have all put a substantial amount of effort in taking the Trust and Club to the level where we currently find ourselves. There are many important projects in the pipeline and the Trust membership needs the greatest choice of new candidates so that Trustees of the highest quality can be elected to continue this process of continuous progression.

Boyo

Many thanks for your hard work and valuabe input Adrian.

Your post does beg an obvious question though and I'm sure you wouldn't have mentioned it if you didn't want someone to ask, so what are those issues concerning ground redevlopment that have caused you to resign?

rightwing

Well-known Exeweb poster
Many thanks for your hard work and valuabe input Adrian.

Your post does beg an obvious question though and I'm sure you wouldn't have mentioned it if you didn't want someone to ask, so what are those issues concerning ground redevlopment that have caused you to resign?
Simply that I'm no longer a member of the elite redevelopment group.

Newtonpop

My thanks also Adrian for all your hard work over the year's.

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
So you've been sh*t on then Ade?

malcolms

The "elite" redevelopment group?? now that says it all..

rightwing

Well-known Exeweb poster
The "elite" redevelopment group?? now that says it all..
Yes you're quite right. Wasn't the maxim in your day that you didn't need one because there wasn't any need to actually pay for the Flybe and Bastin stands?

malcolms

Yes you're quite right. Wasn't the maxim in your day that you didn't need one because there wasn't any need to actually pay for the Flybe and Bastin stands?
Got you're timing wrong RW, and I thought a man with your encyclopedic knowledge would have known that I voted against the development.

But back to the point, why do you need to wrap your aspirations in the title of an "elite" redevelopment group...Am I something missing something?

Last edited:

Roy Hodgson

Thank you for all your work on the BoS over the years.

However, throwing all your toys out of the pram for being sbubbed and announcing that to Exeweb really helps no one.

FFS, I might stand for the BoS if this is how crap happens.

budegrecian

I think thanks are due to all five now standng down, & the two continuing come to that. I'm sure it must be a pretty thankless task at times, doing what you believe is best for the club but getting grief from a number of fans who are always quick to criticise.
So thanks all.