• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Decline of Manchester United

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
Their recruitment policy is to sign players who were in their prime about 5 years before and pay them as if they are still 28 in the hope they can recapture their younger days.
Probably right, It's like the policy of promoted clubs in the early days of the PL, Swindon and Bradford two examples, Sign good but older players who want a decent last pay day and past their best and they end up struggling or being relegated, I'm not saying Man U will go down but its not a policy of getting into the CL.

Grecian2K

The Decline and Fall of the Ronaldo Empire?

• Haha
Reactions: DB9

Colesman Ballz

When Ronaldo came back to play for United, it caused a rise in their share price. The Glazers were quick to exploit this by selling off a few shares. It really shows where their priorities lie ! :unsure:

Average Joe

Seeing this team it'll be years before they're top 4 again.
Agree.

If United do not pick up points very soon I'd question why any top 10 player would sign to play for united. There's teams like Newcastle, Leicester and Spurs in the look out for good players who equally do not mind paying high wages so they could easily hijack any transfer and I'd argue a strong case that Spurs are more attractive then United and Newcastle could pay more money with a brighter future.

Manchester United are a mid table team at best and could end up playing other teams in the bottom end for 6 point games.

Spanks

Administrator
Staff member
What Utd need, and have needed for about a decade now, is a midfield. Instead of a Kante, they but a Fernández, or a Pogba. Their defence isn't that bad, it's just never had any protection.

Then, in addition, they continue to invest top dollar into a goalkeeper that would have been the best in the world... 20 years ago. Keepers do more now. He doesn't.

Put those two areas right, and they're nowhere near as bad as everyone makes out.

Colesman Ballz

What Utd need, and have needed for about a decade now, is a midfield. Instead of a Kante, they but a Fernández, or a Pogba. Their defence isn't that bad, it's just never had any protection.

Then, in addition, they continue to invest top dollar into a goalkeeper that would have been the best in the world... 20 years ago. Keepers do more now. He doesn't.

Put those two areas right, and they're nowhere near as bad as everyone makes out.
You are Ed Chorlton and I claim my five quid ! 😎

Grecian2K

So "Sir" Jim Ratcliffe, after his failed bid for Chelski, now sniffing around the Mancs.

Strange that. I would have thought a bid for Monaco would have been more tax efficient (not to mention more local) 🤮

DB9

So "Sir" Jim Ratcliffe, after his failed bid for Chelski, now sniffing around the Mancs.

Strange that. I would have thought a bid for Monaco would have been more tax efficient (not to mention more local) 🤮
Apparently he's a Man U fan.

grecIAN Harris

What is going to be funnier tonight, either a) watching Liverpool tank United four or five tonight and leave United well and truly anchored to the bottom of the table or b) watch Liverpool get beat by the worst United side in 50 years? You decide. Either way, it's going to be comedy gold (cue a p!$$ poor, boring 0-0 draw).

Colesman Ballz

What is going to be funnier tonight, either a) watching Liverpool tank United four or five tonight and leave United well and truly anchored to the bottom of the table or b) watch Liverpool get beat by the worst United side in 50 years? You decide. Either way, it's going to be comedy gold (cue a p!$$ poor, boring 0-0 draw).
Always assuming that another anti Glazer protest doesn't get out of hand and get the game called off. Never mind comedy, that would be a complete farce ! :p