• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Next Exeter City First Team Manager Thread

LDNGrecian

Kevin Nicholson the 1st gets my vote. Coached at a higher level, tactically astute, has a range of experience, obviously happy to be in the SW if he worked for us previously.

Kevin Nicholson the 2nd can carry on as U18s.

haka

Advertise and see who applies. That's good. Most of the names on this thread won't, but it'll be interesting to see who does.

An internal appointment *after* inviting applications is still possible, and in a stronger position anyway.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
It's likely to be a culture problem..There won't be many managers (upcoming or established) who have worked in an environment like the current one at City and conversely, there isn't anyone at the club who will have worked with a manager unfamiliar with our quirky set up...If they go for an outsider, it will be challenging both ways.
Maybe. But I'm not so sure it will be challenging coming here. You only have to listen to the warm words of Jonathan Hill when coming in. If anything, going elsewhere after only experiencing Exeter would potentially be more challenging. Good luck MT.

Exehausted

Back in the 90's I knew someone who worked for the club. They dealt with applications for the manager's job on two occasions. Both times they got over 120 people apply. However, about 20 were from Argyle fans taking the mickey. Others were from people who had run junior teams who honestly thought they should be given a chance. About 30 were from people who had played the game and about 20 from people with some managerial experience but were out of work. This was at a time when the club was in a total mess but 20 were serious candidates. At the same time, I came across Ian Newell at a couple of meetings, who now owns Pasoti. He gleefully showed me a copy of the application he sent in. He had the cheek to complain that he didn't get a reply!

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Sam Ricketts?

rooecfc

Darren Ferguson good league one record

grecianfaniow

Mark Cooper? could be an omen or ill omen lol. If Titsdale comes back, we will be back in the National League quicker than you can say taggy has got a new Jag.

budegrecian

Whilst we’re all understandably down right now, consider this: have we ever been in such a strong position, both on and off the pitch when we’ve been looking for a new manager before?
Yes, our budget is limited compared to some of our competitors but we’ve never been such an attractive proposition.
Tangy and co. Have done this before and always got it right.

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Really glad we are going external. I'm sad but also a bit excited as to who we might be able to attract.

cambmike