• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Next Exeter City First Team Manager Thread

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
If Tisdale is appointed I am throwing my season ticket in the bin.
It will be a very full bin

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
I am not saying it’s the best option but Paul Tisdale is the obvious candidate. He knows how we operate and what’s expected within our financial means. Definitely, categorically no rolling contract though.
If only there was a f*** o** emoji

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
If he came back
I for one would not renew my season ticket
He is the last person I would want running our club
Seconded he behaved abominably during his last few weeks with us…..Machiavelli wasn’t in the same class.

Ash

It may be heresy to put an ex Argyle player in the frame but Paul Wotton at Truro City is doing a really good job. There also appears to be a good connection between the clubs.
It is heresy. No.

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
Massive decision coming up. We need to continue the upwards trajectory of the club (not necessarily position, but moving forwards with play style, academy development and League One status)

Needs to be a proper process and not internal IMO. We should be a very attractive prospect for a development coach from higher up. I want a young coach, fresh ideas and a definitive play style and I think that’s possible. Also an Eric Kinder style assistant.

Time to get cracking Taggy!

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
Mart is 100% a troll 😂😂 Confirmed.

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Massive decision coming up. We need to continue the upwards trajectory of the club (not necessarily position, but moving forwards with play style, academy development and League One status)

Needs to be a proper process and not internal IMO. We should be a very attractive prospect for a development coach from higher up. I want a young coach, fresh ideas and a definitive play style and I think that’s possible. Also an Eric Kinder style assistant.

Time to get cracking Taggy!
Agree with this. The easy option is to just give it to Nicholson or Carlisle if he doesn't go but that doesn't really inspire me.

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
I am not saying it’s the best option but Paul Tisdale is the obvious candidate. He knows how we operate and what’s expected within our financial means. Definitely, categorically no rolling contract though.
Obviously a bad idea because the fans that don't want him would make life unbearable every time he got a bad result. Any other new manager would get more patience than him.

LDNGrecian

Things get confusing when we’ve had two coaches called Kevin Nicholson. I’d like to point out that Kevin Nicholson the First left his role at Everton 2 days ago….

ExmouthMart

Mart is 100% a troll 😂😂 Confirmed.
Read what I have said. Everyone has plenty to say about various things not least Tisdale. If you or anyone else knows exactly what goes on or went on and it’s to the detriment of the club, then say what it is. Don’t keep going on about dark forces at work and shenanigans. Put up or shut up.

• Haha
Reactions: Ash