• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Official Exeter City versus Accrington Stanley 'who are they?' Matchday Thread

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
I was really impressed by how he spoke at the Fans Forum last week and in his post match interview today.
He seems to be really buying into what we’re trying to do and what we’re about in general.
And obviously his performances on the pitch are backing that up.
I think he’s been a very good signing and hopefully we’ll have him with us for the foreseeable future.
Both Demi and Will looked like they have settled in well from their Fans Forum display. I would guess playing regular games and feeling valued by those around you does help. I always feel the tagline "footballers are human too" is worth remembering 🙂

Alistair20000

Away from the match, it was good to see Danny Bailey at SJP and being interviewed at half time.

arthur

Away from the match, it was good to see Danny Bailey at SJP and being interviewed at half time.
Haven't you got some culling to be getting on with Al?

Alistair20000

Haven't you got some culling to be getting on with Al?
Aye but it is going to hurt 😥

SaintJames

So very pleasing to have been in the Bank today to see Stanno get his just rewards for what so far has been a fabulous season for the boy. For those on this forum damning the Manager with faint priase just stop it and recognise that this performance is the result of what has been building over a couple of months of hard work on the training ground as well as the best set of player signings this club has seen in January for many a long day. Those January signings were instrumental in the result today - Aimson solid, McDonald as ever a class above, James Scott starting to show what a good player he will be for this club, and Mitchell who for me looks an incredible signing and was at times today oozing class. My observations today also included notable comments on Sweenz who has cemented his place in the back three and for those who write his Grecian's career off you do so at your peril. Harry was excellent and outshone Archie who by his standards was quite quiet. My main comments though come for Josh who had the best game I can recall him playing for well over a season. He was a constant threat going forward but was equally solid in his defensive work so well done Josh son.

JW57++

Was Mitchell a close second?
Along with a few others, such as Kite, Hartridge and Key. Personally, I thought Nombe had a good game, winning a lot of headers, but others seem to see it differe toy.

grecIAN Harris

Along with a few others, such as Kite, Hartridge and Key. Personally, I thought Nombe had a good game, winning a lot of headers, but others seem to see it differe toy.
Nombe's game would look so much more effective if somebody would get around him and profit from his hard work but neither of our No 10's get close enough to him to do so.

Cowshed Grecian

Cracking result, and in truth a lot of football going forward today wasn't much different to last week. The BedWetters® went way OTT in their assessments in what was generally a good performance that got knocked sideways by some unfortunate moments. Today it flowed and went for us, and crucially we got that opening goal.

Key was super effective today and probably the best performance of the season - this is how I like to see him play, driving into the box and actually releasing the ball across the box. Deserved his goal.

Kev was brilliant as always and we really do need to get him pinned down on a contract. Mitchell is class and a live wire.

Really pleased to see Stanno get his Big Bank goal, his link up play with Key and later on Scott was fantastic. Also thought Scott began to show what he's about today, was involved a lot in 20 mins and makes for a good Nombe understudy, who was a bit off the boil today I felt.

Comfortable, classy and great football. I still have no idea what people are watching to make them doubt GC's vision so much - to me we play some really good stuff and are being coached well. I know his face doesn't fit but he's doing a good job.
I don’t think anyone thinks GC’s face doesn’t fit….you’re always going to get criticism at any football club if you’re not winning games. Key was outstanding, that’s how he played throughout the covid season!

Cowshed Grecian

Nombe's game would look so much more effective if somebody would get around him and profit from his hard work but neither of our No 10's get close enough to him to do so.
Agree with you for once, I was saying that all game.Even when he wins that first ball it’s pointless because no one else is ever near him.

grecIAN Harris

Cracking result, and in truth a lot of football going forward today wasn't much different to last week. The BedWetters® went way OTT in their assessments in what was generally a good performance that got knocked sideways by some unfortunate moments. Today it flowed and went for us, and crucially we got that opening goal.

Key was super effective today and probably the best performance of the season - this is how I like to see him play, driving into the box and actually releasing the ball across the box. Deserved his goal.

Kev was brilliant as always and we really do need to get him pinned down on a contract. Mitchell is class and a live wire.

Really pleased to see Stanno get his Big Bank goal, his link up play with Key and later on Scott was fantastic. Also thought Scott began to show what he's about today, was involved a lot in 20 mins and makes for a good Nombe understudy, who was a bit off the boil today I felt.

Comfortable, classy and great football. I still have no idea what people are watching to make them doubt GC's vision so much - to me we play some really good stuff and are being coached well. I know his face doesn't fit but he's doing a good job.
Probably Key's best performance for about 18 months. As for Nombe, see my post two or three previous to this. He puts in a great shift but a lot of his hard work is wasted because we don't get around him enough when we're going long into him.
Harsh as it sounds, as it is quite clear to see Jacko is a bit short on confidence, you can see the step up in quality from Jack to Demi when one replaced the other in the second half. That said it was a tidy little ball by Jacko to Stanno away for his goal.