• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Politics Thread USA Edition

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster

Grecian2K

Such a shame about the Dominion case being settled via a back door/pocket agreement.

Was rather looking forward to seeing Murdoch, Carlson etc squirming in the dock.

Do Amazon do refunds on unused popcorn?

tavyred

Much incredulity in the poorer communities of Chicago that Walmart are closing 4 of their 8 stores in the city due to profitability concerns, which apparently is code for the growing habit of locals routinely nicking stuff, sometimes mob handed rather than paying for it in the traditional way. The local mayor has decided to gaslight Walmart and side with the thieves and looters and made it a corporations against the poor black people thing. We shouldn’t get too cocky about this sorry state of affairs in the US, the rushing of retail outlets by gangs of ‘poor people’ is becoming a bit of thing over here apparently.

DB9

Much incredulity in the poorer communities of Chicago that Walmart are closing 4 of their 8 stores in the city due to profitability concerns, which apparently is code for the growing habit of locals routinely nicking stuff, sometimes mob handed rather than paying for it in the traditional way. The local mayor has decided to gaslight Walmart and side with the thieves and looters and made it a corporations against the poor black people thing. We shouldn’t get too cocky about this sorry state of affairs in the US, the rushing of retail outlets by gangs of ‘poor people’ is becoming a bit of thing over here apparently.
Are you sure its this mayor Tavy? I know they've had an election recently and the sitting mayor lost her seat, She was awful apparently.

tavyred

Are you sure its this mayor Tavy? I know they've had an election recently and the sitting mayor lost her seat, She was awful apparently.
Yeah I saw that, not sure who this fella is, he may not be the direct replacement for the aforementioned woman you speak of.

DB9

Yeah I saw that, not sure who this fella is, he may not be the direct replacement for the aforementioned woman you speak of.
Looking it up Lori Lightfoot is the Mayor who lost the election but (Which i didn't know) is still in situ and the Mayor-Elect is called Brandon Johnson. Lightfoot is a real piece of work, One of these who championed this "Defund The Police" and had diverted money from them and this is one of the consequenses. Reading about her, She will not be missed by the eople of Chicago.

Spanks

Administrator
Staff member
I mean, anyone would think the solution is to lift people out of poverty, but in Tavyland, a bit like boat people, Pakistani grooming gangs and now gangs of black thieves in Chicago, punishing minorities seems to be the way of correcting wrongs.

It’s almost like there’s an agenda here, but I can’t quite put my finger on it…

tavyred

I mean, anyone would think the solution is to lift people out of poverty, but in Tavyland, a bit like boat people, Pakistani grooming gangs and now gangs of black thieves in Chicago, punishing minorities seems to be the way of correcting wrongs.

It’s almost like there’s an agenda here, but I can’t quite put my finger on it…
Don’t hold back Spanks, say what you think. I do.

tavyred

Looking it up Lori Lightfoot is the Mayor who lost the election but (Which i didn't know) is still in situ and the Mayor-Elect is called Brandon Johnson. Lightfoot is a real piece of work, One of these who championed this "Defund The Police" and had diverted money from them and this is one of the consequenses. Reading about her, She will not be missed by the eople of Chicago.
I’ve only ever seen her in action via the odd short clip and she looked hopelessly out of depth and it looks like she just retreated out of desperation into the politics of race, no doubt in an attempt to shore up her core vote.
There does seem to be a burgeoning problem in certain US cities with lawlessness and corporate retreat.

DB9

I’ve only ever seen her in action via the odd short clip and she looked hopelessly out of depth and it looks like she just retreated out of desperation into the politics of race, no doubt in an attempt to shore up her core vote.
There does seem to be a burgeoning problem in certain US cities with lawlessness and corporate retreat.
Started in Portland Oregan imo when the mob took over, declared this automonise zone and those in charge of the City let it happen, Ironically when the City told the mob that if the "Free Zone" wants to be outside the city's rules etc, They are no longer entitled to help with funds for benefits, education, clean ups etc, That solved it but it should never have gone that far.