• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Politics Thread USA Edition

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
I mean, anyone would think the solution is to lift people out of poverty, but in Tavyland, a bit like boat people, Pakistani grooming gangs and now gangs of black thieves in Chicago, punishing minorities seems to be the way of correcting wrongs.

It’s almost like there’s an agenda here, but I can’t quite put my finger on it…
Punishing criminals is an agenda I am happy to sign up to

Mr Jinx

Much incredulity in the poorer communities of Chicago that Walmart are closing 4 of their 8 stores in the city due to profitability concerns, which apparently is code for the growing habit of locals routinely nicking stuff, sometimes mob handed rather than paying for it in the traditional way. The local mayor has decided to gaslight Walmart and side with the thieves and looters and made it a corporations against the poor black people thing. We shouldn’t get too cocky about this sorry state of affairs in the US, the rushing of retail outlets by gangs of ‘poor people’ is becoming a bit of thing over here apparently.
Kinda similar was seen recently in San Francisco. Whole Foods, who only opened a huge store in the center there a year ago, is now shutting shop. Several reasons, but a massive increase in homeless and crime, with a lot of law abiding citizens giving the city center a wide birth.

Oh well, you vote democrat, that's what ends up happening these days.

Mr Jinx

I was happy to see the eco warriors banged up yday for a significant stretch. Hopefully that'll make them think twice from here on in.

Oldsmobile-88

Kinda similar was seen recently in San Francisco. Whole Foods, who only opened a huge store in the center there a year ago, is now shutting shop. Several reasons, but a massive increase in homeless and crime, with a lot of law abiding citizens giving the city center a wide birth.

Oh well, you vote democrat, that's what ends up happening these days.
I first visited SF in 2001 there was some homelessness on the streets. Subsequent visits I’ve have seen it get progressively worse, it seemed really out of control on my last visit in 2019. I would think very hard before going back again. A smell of weed & sh!t everywhere & certainly unsafe away from Fisherman’s Wharf or Union Square after dark.

It’s getting as bad in some of the tourist areas of LA too.
The city of Santa Monica one of my favourite destinations(going again in May) has got progressively worse with the issues mentioned over the past 30 years, that I’ve seen.
There is always lots of talk in Southern California about sorting it out but nothing is ever done. There is a huge homeless encampment outside City Hall in LA

tavyred

People like G2K are always eager to move away from the actual act of criminality when the perps are from the communities liberals like to protect from the rules that apply to the rest of us.

Mr Jinx

I first visited SF in 2001 there was some homelessness on the streets. Subsequent visits I’ve have seen it get progressively worse, it seemed really out of control on my last visit in 2019. I would think very hard before going back again. A smell of weed & sh!t everywhere & certainly unsafe away from Fisherman’s Wharf or Union Square after dark.

It’s getting as bad in some of the tourist areas of LA too.
The city of Santa Monica one of my favourite destinations(going again in May) has got progressively worse with the issues mentioned over the past 30 years, that I’ve seen.
There is always lots of talk in Southern California about sorting it out but nothing is ever done. There is a huge homeless encampment outside City Hall in LA
It's not just California though. It's practically every city up the West Coast. Portland, Seattle and even up into Canada. Saw it myself a couple of years ago when drove past what had been called Needle Alley that hadn't been there ten years prior. The City's authorities thought it better to have it concentrated in one place, but that only had the effect of making it a magnet.

What links them all? Democratic run (or by Liberals in Canada).

angelic upstart

It's not just California though. It's practically every city up the West Coast. Portland, Seattle and even up into Canada. Saw it myself a couple of years ago when drove past what had been called Needle Alley that hadn't been there ten years prior. The City's authorities thought it better to have it concentrated in one place, but that only had the effect of making it a magnet.

What links them all? Democratic run (or by Liberals in Canada).
You make out like this doesn't happen anywhere in Florida.

Anyone been to Fresno? That's a republican city.

Grecian2K

People like G2K are always eager to move away from the actual act of criminality when the perps are from the communities liberals like to protect from the rules that apply to the rest of us.
Whenhave I ever tried to "move away" from or defend any acts of criminality?
Please do not try to put you own false interpretations into the mouths of others. 😡

Oldsmobile-88

Anyone been to Fresno? That's a republican city.
Yes.

All cities in California & across the US have the issue irrespective of who is in power. Local or State.
The problem is some liken the issue to the internal migration that happened during The Great Depression. Which obviously it is not.

A lot of cities. West, Mid & East offer one way bus tickets to the homeless to cities that are deemed favourable to the problem.
SF for all of its magnetism to transients(no idea why, it’s too chilly most of the year) also offers a one way ticket out of town in a resettlement programme.

angelic upstart

Yes.

All cities in California & across the US have the issue irrespective of who is in power. Local or State.
The problem is some liken the issue to the internal migration that happened during The Great Depression. Which obviously it is not.

A lot of cities. West, Mid & East offer one way bus tickets to the homeless to cities that are deemed favourable to the problem.
SF for all of its magnetism to transients(no idea why, it’s too chilly most of the year) also offers a one way ticket out of town in a resettlement programme.
Thanks, makes much more sense to me.