• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

This is beyond a joke

Red Monster

What a disgrace with all the cash sloshing around in the top flight
Of English football, the compensation is beyond a joke.

I didn’t realise the amount of money we receive is tiny, why would
The football authorities allow this to happen ( Silly question I know)

Our academy is a category 3 ,so Ben Chrisene can be snapped up for £12,500

EPPP compensation formula for Academy players
U9 to U11 - All categories - £3,000

U12 to U16 - Category 1 - £40,000

U12 to U16 - Category 2 - £25,000

U12 to U16 - Category 3 - £12,500

LOG

Very well known Exeweb poster
Those amounts are per year spent within the relevant age group. Still don't add up to much, mind.

Red Monster

Those amounts are per year spent within the relevant age group. Still don't add up to much, mind.
Sorry you’re right but still pathetic.

andrew p long

One of the many unfair and ridiculous aspects is the fee is dependent on what category academy the player comes from. So if a lad joins City from a Premier academy we have to pay more than they would pay for Ampadu,Stansfield Chrisene etc because we *only* have a Cat 3 academy.

i think we get more than these fixed fees if , like Ampadu, he only moves on after his academy spell is over and before becoming a scholar.

The Eppp fixed fees also include IIRC add ons for first team appearances. But again my recollection is that it amounts to £1,000 per Championship appearance , capped at 100k for a player in the Championship.

robchave

So, we moan . . . or we do something about it. Anyone got a bright ideas for action that the FA/EFL might actually take notice of?

Banksy

So, we moan . . . or we do something about it. Anyone got a bright ideas for action that the FA/EFL might actually take notice of?
What can supporters do. The silly s#ds will carry on until they’ve killed off grass roots football in England completely.

hardi2b

As we see in general business dealings creating "mega corporations" with the power to smother any competition moving toward a monopoly position and global influence.

i8cornwall

Said this on the Stevenage game thread and again tonight about the Boycott and just got told to think of the money and the positives.

People won’t care till it’s to late.

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
Ben Chrisene is unlikely to leave for compensation through EPPP. More likely to be a tribunal award or similar as with Ethan.

Boyo

Ben Chrisene is unlikely to leave for compensation through EPPP. More likely to be a tribunal award or similar as with Ethan.
That's very good news. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it is reliant on the good will of the player and his family to not sign a deal with another Club before he becomes old enough to be offered a contract at ECFC? I think that's how it worked with Ampadu (and good on him).