• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Transfers in/outs Summer of 2024 and Retained list

ECFC-GC

None of them will sign :(
I think you may be right. They are either on holiday or off touting for better deals.
The silence may be deafening!

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'm onlly bothered if Mitchell and jules don't sign. The other three are no big loss.

ryancooper327

What do we think the chances are of re-signing? My guesses are:

Players in contract negotiations:
  • Zak Jules - (99%)
  • Demetri Mitchell - (75%)
  • Harry Lee - (50%)
  • Caleb Watts - (50%)
  • Tom Carroll - (25%)
Well my first guess is wrong…

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
Last summer the number of players that we had actually went down after the retained list was issued...Caprice and Coley both contracted for 23-24 left (neither turned out to be a great loss,) Not again, surely..

tom_ecfc

Need to start nailing down our signings to 2/3 year deals to stop this happening. I know it can be a gamble, as we have seen with James Scott for example. I know this is something the club are looking at to stop this situation happening each year. I’d like to think the 1yr deals will be few and far between from 24/25 season and beyond.

andrew p long

Welcome to the summer struggle....again. The sad conclusion is that if a player does well for us in League One, then he can get a better deal elsewhere.

denzel

Need to start nailing down our signings to 2/3 year deals to stop this happening. I know it can be a gamble, as we have seen with James Scott for example. I know this is something the club are looking at to stop this situation happening each year. I’d like to think the 1yr deals will be few and far between from 24/25 season and beyond.
Worked for Sam Allardyce though!

Antony Moxey

Need to start nailing down our signings to 2/3 year deals to stop this happening.
How? A lot of players don't want long term deals.

Spoonz Red E

I think the welcoming culture, improved facilities, forward planning and reputation gained for offering a reboost to some players' careers the last few seasons means we can have more leverage now than in past years but, yes, it will remain difficult.
Geography will still tend to work against us in terms of players committing to uproot themselves.

StudentGrecian

I think lots of players prefer long term deals, but it just needs to be good money or have clauses to get them out if they do well.

We will struggle to attract players on long term deals because of our budget. Or because we are usually taking a gamble on their recent fitness or form and don’t want to offer a long deal.