• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Trust Forum - Tues 22 November

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
Comparing the policing after games at other grounds is interesting. We were held back at Swindon, and at Derby.
I presume they will police the Argyle game differently or else its a recipe for a disaster

Number13

Can we have a useable link that allows us to watch the whole thing back please

Scott_Palfrey

Can we have a useable link that allows us to watch the whole thing back please
Here you go

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Ref The hot food running out in the kiosks being mentioned, was it a huge issue amongst the audience ?

Did anyone mention serving frigging chips 😁😎
I think the major problem would have been the kick off time. More fans would have wanted to have something to eat at the ground than usual. I was unable to go in the end but had planned to take sandwiches.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Gary's emphasis on psychology troubles me a bit - still I have never been a manager of any sort so what do I know.
I remember Tis once telling me that a large part of any football manager's job is understanding the personalities of players; like the rest of us they are often very varied characters and need different man-management approaches, both on and off the pitch.

Some need constant reassurance; others keeping their super-egos in check (C. Ronaldo, anyone?). Some can only play well in one style and position, others Paul Madeley-like can do a job anywhere in any formation. So knowing how to gel 20 plus well-paid athletes into a team is not just picking the best players and giving them a pair of boots.

So I'm not surprised that GC sees this as a key component of his role.

Bridgy 81

Here you go

Unfortunately I couldn’t attend in person yesterday as I had a commitment elsewhere but have listened to and watched the event on the club’s YouTube channel partly last night and finished it off this morning.
I think it’s great that it was so well attended and good too that you and your colleagues put in the effort to enable others like me to participate virtually. Thanks.
The only slight negative, as others have mentioned, is that it was impossible online to hear the questions from the floor to either Gary, Perks or Nick or to follow the contributions made by the Commercial Manager (Carrie I think). The clarity when people were speaking with the microphone was fine.
Nevertheless, it was very interesting and informative and Pete even asked both questions I submitted!

Alfie 1966

Have said this every Saturday on leaving S.J.P. after a game onto S James road, am surprised D.C. police do not try it as you say only needs 10 mins.
Also with fans on the way out we get the ones looking at the phone and not where they are going. Never had that years gone by (Only GILBERT with his transiter radio up to his ear shouting out the scores)

Pete F

Unfortunately I couldn’t attend in person yesterday as I had a commitment elsewhere but have listened to and watched the event on the club’s YouTube channel partly last night and finished it off this morning.
I think it’s great that it was so well attended and good too that you and your colleagues put in the effort to enable others like me to participate virtually. Thanks.
The only slight negative, as others have mentioned, is that it was impossible online to hear the questions from the floor to either Gary, Perks or Nick or to follow the contributions made by the Commercial Manager (Carrie I think). The clarity when people were speaking with the microphone was fine.
Nevertheless, it was very interesting and informative and Pete even asked both questions I submitted!
All part of the service Bridgy ! ( I presume the cheque is in the post! ) Glad you enjoyed it .

lamrobhero

I remember Tis once telling me that a large part of any football manager's job is understanding the personalities of players; like the rest of us they are often very varied characters and need different man-management approaches, both on and off the pitch.

Some need constant reassurance; others keeping their super-egos in check (C. Ronaldo, anyone?). Some can only play well in one style and position, others Paul Madeley-like can do a job anywhere in any formation. So knowing how to gel 20 plus well-paid athletes into a team is not just picking the best players and giving them a pair of boots.

So I'm not surprised that GC sees this as a key component of his role.
Don't disagree with this. But ...
GC talks a lot about his own personal experience as if it were a template.
To quote Bill Belichick “Do your job.”
When Sven was asked about his approach to freindlies I think he said something like you can't be up for every game, you have to peak.

Memphis09

Or improve the infrastructure at SJP...The SJC downstairs bar & food outlet access/infrastructure.
Spread the cost then one player one bar