• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Trust Forum - Tues 22 November

Scott_Palfrey

Unfortunately I couldn’t attend in person yesterday as I had a commitment elsewhere but have listened to and watched the event on the club’s YouTube channel partly last night and finished it off this morning.
I think it’s great that it was so well attended and good too that you and your colleagues put in the effort to enable others like me to participate virtually. Thanks.
The only slight negative, as others have mentioned, is that it was impossible online to hear the questions from the floor to either Gary, Perks or Nick or to follow the contributions made by the Commercial Manager (Carrie I think). The clarity when people were speaking with the microphone was fine.
Nevertheless, it was very interesting and informative and Pete even asked both questions I submitted!
We so nearly got it bang on! For the next one will will try and have a spare mic that can easily be passed around to those asking questions etc!

Topsham Boy

Unfortunately I couldn’t attend in person yesterday as I had a commitment elsewhere but have listened to and watched the event on the club’s YouTube channel partly last night and finished it off this morning.
I think it’s great that it was so well attended and good too that you and your colleagues put in the effort to enable others like me to participate virtually. Thanks.
The only slight negative, as others have mentioned, is that it was impossible online to hear the questions from the floor to either Gary, Perks or Nick or to follow the contributions made by the Commercial Manager (Carrie I think). The clarity when people were speaking with the microphone was fine.
Nevertheless, it was very interesting and informative and Pete even asked both questions I submitted!
Generally very informative and positive. Good to see the financial position laid out and the great feedback regarding the trading ground investment.
Thought GC was (perhaps understandably) a bit vague on the status of the long term injured players…….and what team/squad positions he wants to strengthen in January…but all in all very useful and covered key areas.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
How did Perkins come across?

SaintJames

How did Perkins come across?
Very quiet, shy and like a rabbit in the headlights

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
New to the role and still finding his feet I guess.

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
I think that sounds a bit harsh. To me he seemed like someone who doesn’t enjoy speaking in public but did his best to answer her questions. I work with plenty of people who are great at their job but the thought of speaking in front of a room of people and live on YouTube would fill them with dread. I wouldn’t book him as an after dinner speaker but I’m guessing he’s better as a football coach 😉

SaintJames

I attended the first part of the proceedings and was very impressed by our new Manager. He looks assured and you couldn't help but be impressed with what he was saying. My two observations from part two were I firstly found it uncomfortable/concerned that the Trust and the Club seemed to be discussed as if the Trust had little to do with the ownership of the Club. Phrases like we are pleased that at long last the club will be promoting the Trust and words to that effect? Secondly, the one phrase the Manager used which struck a chord when he was talking about his time winning the league with Wigan was complacency and how he strove to ensure the players didnt become complacent. However, when Nick? from the Trust and carrie were responding to questions about food at the ground and the Club Shop I was completly underwhelmed by a lack of urgency and a sense of complacency. It was a sense of 'We will get there eventually'. My concern is that the benefits of this season will not be realised until its too late. Football is cyclical and for all we know next season may be a very different set of challenges to this season off the pitch.

SaintJames

I think that sounds a bit harsh. To me he seemed like someone who doesn’t enjoy speaking in public but did his best to answer her questions. I work with plenty of people who are great at their job but the thought of speaking in front of a room of people and live on YouTube would fill them with dread. I wouldn’t book him as an after dinner speaker but I’m guessing he’s better as a football coach 😉
It probably was a tad harsh and FBH you are more likely to win Diplomat of the Year than myself :)

DawlishBouy

A couple of points made by Nick Hawker:
KMT was being conservative with the truth when he said the playing budget was only the same as last season.
Whilst City’s playing budget is miles off the big boys at the top it sounds like City are lower mid table rather than near the bottom of a table of League One wage budgets.

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
I attended the first part of the proceedings and was very impressed by our new Manager. He looks assured and you couldn't help but be impressed with what he was saying. My two observations from part two were I firstly found it uncomfortable/concerned that the Trust and the Club seemed to be discussed as if the Trust had little to do with the ownership of the Club. Phrases like we are pleased that at long last the club will be promoting the Trust and words to that effect? Secondly, the one phrase the Manager used which struck a chord when he was talking about his time winning the league with Wigan was complacency and how he strove to ensure the players didnt become complacent. However, when Nick? from the Trust and carrie were responding to questions about food at the ground and the Club Shop I was completly underwhelmed by a lack of urgency and a sense of complacency. It was a sense of 'We will get there eventually'. My concern is that the benefits of this season will not be realised until its too late. Football is cyclical and for all we know next season may be a very different set of challenges to this season off the pitch.
The Trust is unfortunately a rather cumbersome beast that moves slowly often getting bogged down in procedure and process. Don't look for any entrepreneurial spirit.