• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Trust Forum - Tues 22 November

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
I love karaoke.
My go to number is Poison by Alice Cooper, but I’ve got others up my sleeve if needed.
Bring back ‘Karaoke Bob’...Alas he passed a few years ago.

Belted out(badly) Ballroom Blitz by The Sweet years ago 🎤.....Are you ready Steve..

Spoonz Red E

Belted out(badly) Ballroom Blitz by The Sweet years ago 🎤.....Are you ready Steve..
My go to number is Apache by the Shadows.

Bridgy 81

I’d give that a go.
I remember going to a match at Ashton Gate in the late 70s and for some reason Sweet played some songs on the pitch before the game, including if I recall correctly, Love is Like Oxygen. Not really my cup of tea.
I’d rather do a bit of Bowie if I had to choose from that era.
How about Heroes (1977) I could belt that one out if required.

Thames Valley Red

The Trust is unfortunately a rather cumbersome beast that moves slowly often getting bogged down in procedure and process. Don't look for any entrepreneurial spirit.

The Trust members voted for the Board in place, and therefore if the Trust is cumbersome and bogged down that is down to the membership. Look at the people that have not been successful and dont re-stand, look at the number of times the Trust has received discretely ideas and contacts and that information has not been acted on. Here are some examples from the last few years:

- An evening with a former player, seasoned EFL manager and former Premiership player has been rejected on commercials grounds, with no financial risk to ECFC.
- Losing key 'Commercial People' to our rivals - by the way he is storming it in Plymouth and they have no problem getting shirt sponsors for next season, when we have none, yet the club are approaching the Trust to sponsor all or part of the shirt, being rumoured. This is not what the Trust is meant to be about.
- The Trust are not approaching local companies, nor indeed communicating ideas from the Trust meeting to the club - information has been passed to the commercial team directly now.
- Merchandise offerings are limited.

The good news is there is still much opportunity to seize now, anyone fancy an evening with Brian McDermott, it can be arranged at no cost to ECFC, anyone have a venue for 120 people for a fundraiser. Perhaps the club/Trust could contact 'Harrier' for bespoke merchandise - 31 days to Xmas. Has anyone received any Xmas shopping mails? (Curious)

The way the Trust talks about the ownership relationship is disturbing, we have one person responsible for the link, why is it not working? I look forward to the negative feedback on that one.

My take on the 'Fans Forum' for what it is worth.......compering and questions was very good, although questions were hard to hear from the floor. The online coverage was 6/10, but much better and I understand it was done by Seth Conway Media - keep it local (https://sethconwaymedia.com), interested to understand the cost. Thought the Trust presentation was limp and weak in terms of delivery and content. We are appear to be resting on the laurels of transfer fees and missing major easy wins. I look forward to purchasing a beany hat, although the 'Odd ball' pants are still sold from last Xmas in multiple sizes, Puffa Jackest Urban are sold out in all sizes but small, some other items unclear about availability. So they may have had a record year, but 30 days before Xmas we are out of stock of key items - Black Friday to consider as well.

To coin a phrase from Gary Caldwell, we must not get complacent and we must keep demanding more - some people within the Trust take points as criticism, rather than passionate fans that care.

For now, if you want to constructively raise these issues, come to the next Trust meeting.

UTC

TVR
Ps. Seth is you reading this we are both members of Round Table - for those that don't know a charity organisation raising loads of money in their communities.

Bootroom

Going back to Carrie and our current commercial team, I have to say they are the poorest we’ve had for some time. Watching Forum back and she quite frankly comes across as totally out of her depth. We are on a huge crest of a wave, yet we are struggling on several commercial activities which are both basic but can provide a huge financial boost for the club.

Pete Martin (CTID)

Going back to Carrie and our current commercial team, I have to say they are the poorest we’ve had for some time. Watching Forum back and she quite frankly comes across as totally out of her depth. We are on a huge crest of a wave, yet we are struggling on several commercial activities which are both basic but can provide a huge financial boost for the club.
Imo, our best time was when Alan Hay was running the show. Unfortunately for us, he is now in Australia.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
An evening with a former player, seasoned EFL manager and former Premiership player has been rejected on commercials grounds, with no financial risk to ECFC.
I'm perplexed by this... a former City player, who has played in the Premiership [sic], and is a seasoned managed in the EFL. Any clues?!

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think it's difficult to be quite so unequivocal about this unless you know exactly what Carrie's been tasked with doing in her role as chief commercial officer. For instance, who's to say her No.1 priority wasn't to grow the revenue from hospitality and that she hasn't been hugely successful in this? I don't pretend to know.

Moreover, while I wouldn't dispute the range of merchandise in the club shop is disappointing, I'd imagine there are an awful lot of items we wouldn't shift anywhere near enough volume to make much of a return.

At the same time, on the face of it, some of the decisions made appear not to make a whole lot of sense. For instance, if there was a compelling business case for sacking off The Terrace, why, some months later, are we now contemplating working with them again? Likewise, while I guess it might be good PR for the commercial team to welcome ideas from supporters, you might wonder if it isn't their job to come up with them. As others have said, it needn't be rocket science – just look and see what is working elsewhere.

The club has got much better at lots of things over the past 20 years, I'm not convinced its retail offering is one of them.

Last edited:

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
*DUPLICATE POST*

Last edited:

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
*DUPLICATE POST*