• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

TV Times

Mr Jinx

Very well known Exeweb poster
Graeme Souness is on TalkSport radio quite frequently too (mostly Fridays I think).
He’s one of the various ‘guest’ pundits on the 10am to 2pm programme with Jim White and Simon Jordan.
As you can imagine him and Jordan get into some verbal altercations from time to time.
I don’t often listen to it live but sometimes go onto the TalkSport YouTube channel where they post a few clips everyday of each of the shows.
The thing is with that station, Simon Jordan decimates everyone. He even tore Piers Morgan a new one the other day. Worth a watch on YouTube.

Tim Long

The English BBC2 9pm, Jeez its slow as a snail, 2nd episode tonight but that's it for me.
Pity. Steve Perryman was on it tonight.
1669331617918.jpeg
Think all Hugo Blick's stufff is slow and largely incomprehensible. I gave up on An Honourable Woman after one episode as I thought it was absurd. Enjoyed The Shadow Line but it didn't make much sense until the end. Also I'm always reminded when I see Stephen Rea that he was the original Carter Brandon in I Didn't Know You Cared

Spoonz Red E

Pity. Steve Perryman was on it tonight. ...
View attachment 9658
Superb. 😍👏

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Au contraire. I'd rather watch them every time over their BBC counterparts. But each to their own.
Where do you stand on Ian Wright? I guess you’re a huge fan when he’s appearing on ITV, not so much when he’s on the BBC. My God, you’re oh-so predictable.

Banksy

The English BBC2 9pm, Jeez its slow as a snail, 2nd episode tonight but that's it for me.
I thought it a bit confusing . It seemed to start in the middle of the plot as it were , maybe they’ll backtrack and fill in the gaps like where the lady , the Indian and the nasty all came from. Anyway , myself and the wife thought the same so episode two is out the window. Thought it was something we could watch together as we both like westerns , but not to be. It does seem a well made series but…..

Last edited:
Reactions: DB9

Oldsmobile-88

November 24, 1958

Desilu Playhouse airs "The Time Element," on CBS
A Rod Serling story about a man played by William Bendix (1906-64) who time travels to Pearl Harbor on December 6, 1941. Is it a dream or is it real ?
Serling of course is associated with The Twilight Zone that first aired in 1959.

The Time Element is often referred to as the pilot for the The Twilight Zone, CBS initially were not going to commission the Sci Fi drama series, but had a change of heart after the favourable reviews of The Time Element.

Oldsmobile-88

A rather chilled late evening watching BBC4.
Started at 9pm with Black American Artists in the 1980s on the BBC, Then Whitney at the BBC, Queens of Soul, Lionel Richie at the BBC, just what’s required after watching the England game.

Oldsmobile-88

One of the many worthy channels to subscribe to on You Tube is Ravens Eye. Lots of short historical stories of tragedy’s that could have been prevented.

This one is the sad story of HMS Thetis a Submarine that sank during trials off the North Wales coast in the Summer of 1939.

DB9

If you want a break from the footie then BBC2 tonight has a good offering or catch up on iplayer, Firstly Jimi Hendrix Experience: Music, Madness in Maui about a trip to Hawaii and a film called Rainbow Bridge then straight after Jimi Hendrix: Voodoo Child, Charting his life from childhood to his death. The man was a legend and his guitar playing was out of this world. Sadly part of the "27 Club"

Banksy

One of the many worthy channels to subscribe to on You Tube is Ravens Eye. Lots of short historical stories of tragedy’s that could have been prevented.

This one is the sad story of HMS Thetis a Submarine that sank during trials off the North Wales coast in the Summer of 1939.

Seeing this reminded me of the film Morning Departure starring John Mills and Dicky Attenborough .