• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

TV Times

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
Orange is the New Black(Netflix)

A black comedy drama set in a US Women’s prison. I did not think it would be my bag. Half way though the first season(of 7) it’s not bad. It’s well written.
A heck of a lot of artistic license around to give its proper name Correction Facility 😁 All good light watching.

Oldsmobile-88

So many familier faces started their careers with Westward TV, David Vine, Angela Rippon and the Great news anchorman Reggie Bosanquet, Also didn't realise that the my local newspaper, The North Devon Journal was linked so closely to Westward TV, Especially as Mrs DB9 worked there for 10 years as one of the photographers.
Also Hugh Scully.

I was surprised when Reggie Bosanquet was mentioned as presenting Westward Diary. What a legend he became later on News at Ten.

Reactions: DB9

DB9

Also Hugh Scully.

I was surprised when Reggie Bosanquet was mentioned as presenting Westward Diary. What a legend he became later on News at Ten.
Think the character who was the old school newsreader in Drop The Dead Donkey was based on Reggie.

Rosencrantz

Think the character who was the old school newsreader in Drop The Dead Donkey was based on Reggie.
Yes, I think the late David Swift who played Henry along with Andy Hamilton and Guy Jenkin certainly had him in mind when it came to the type of newsreader they wanted him to be. So much so that Henry's yacht was called the "Bosanquet". One of my favourite comedies was Drop The Dead Donkey.

DB9

Just watched the first two episodes of series 2 of Clarkson's Farm on Amazon, As like the first series really good.

Oldsmobile-88

12th February 1971.

Impressionist & Comedian Stanley Baxter(b 1926) with his show on the BBC. This would be the last of 8 series on the beeb since 1963. He did the occasional one off shows for ITV over the next decade.

The imminent arrival of decimal currency in the UK(15th February) is marked by a series of public information films called Decimal Five.
School Dinner Money converted from 7/6 to 37.5p for the week.

9E64DC50-7AEC-4991-8A57-73557078FC27.jpeg

Spoonz Red E

12th February 1971.

Impressionist & Comedian Stanley Baxter(b 1926) with his show on the BBC. This would be the last of 8 series on the beeb since 1963. He did the occasional one off shows for ITV over the next decade.

The imminent arrival of decimal currency in the UK(15th February) is marked by a series of public information films called Decimal Five.

View attachment 10976
Film on Anglia - 'The City Jungle'.
I wonder if there was a path leading to it ...

Tim Long

Is the bingo call for 76 still "7 and 6 - the dog licence"?

Spoonz Red E

Is the bingo call for 76 still "7 and 6 - the dog licence"?
We had a black and white dog licence for our dalmation pup.

We had to upgrade to a collar licence later.

Oldsmobile-88

13th February 1989.

One of the great award ceremony clusterfkcus.
The newly named Brits presented by Sam Fox who was best known for page 3 of the Sun plus a couple of mediocre pop singles along with music royalty, Mick Fleetwood. They looked ridiculous presenting together, not helped by numerous production gaffes.
Noel Edmonds a safe pair of hands presented the previous years award ceremony which was the last one called the BPI awards, which were first televised in 1981.

ECD882C1-1285-4D44-92B2-163273E0ACFA.jpeg7C091DB3-3968-42E7-B770-461EE5B43099.jpeg