• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

TV Times

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
I had forgotten about the reworked lyrics on popular top 10 hits of the time.
From a bit later- 1979

Spoonz Red E

I noticed from the credits that Sparks were special guests on that programme so just had to Google it ...

Colesman Ballz

30th November 1985.

The first episode of Blind Date.

Reminds me of the time I was working in a house around Mt Pleasant, Exeter, when one of the young ladies in the house mentioned to me in general chit chat if I’d seen her on Blind Date a few weeks before 😁.
Iirc she worked for the E & E.. Perhaps Egg would have known her.
So it didn't occur to you that she was basically letting you know that she "was not only available but also interested" ? 😎

iscalad

I noticed from the credits that Sparks were special guests on that programme so just had to Google it ...

Saw them at the Great hall in 1974

Rosencrantz

29th November 1968.

It must be Friday because Crackerjack ! is on.. Lesley Crowther(1933-96) & Peter Glaze(1917-83) would have been the presenters in that era..Now where is my Crackerjack pencil ?

Just BBC 2 having selected Colour Transmission programmes. it would be another year before colour on BBC1 transmission, then only on a rolling regional basis which would take a few years.
TV license fee in 1968 was £5 with a £5 colour supplement for the very few who had a colour set.

View attachment 9676
By my time in the eighties it was Stu "crush a grape" Francis hosting Crackerjack. Whenever I see previous versions described I get the feeling it had maybe lost its lustre by then. The pencil was still going though. I wonder how many people might have a Crackerjack pencil and a Blankety Blank cheque book and pen?

Spoonz Red E

Saw them at the Great hall in 1974
Me too.

With Pilot as support?

Oldsmobile-88

The pencil was still going though. I wonder how many people might have a Crackerjack pencil and a Blankety Blank cheque book and pen?
The landlord of The Bridge Inn, Ide. (Now Twisted Oak) had one proudly sat behind the Bar..That was around 1985/86.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
30th November 1985.

Reminds me of the time I was working in a house around Mt Pleasant, Exeter, when one of the young ladies in the house mentioned to me in general chit chat if I’d seen her on Blind Date a few weeks before 😁.

View attachment 9677
That would have been Vickie, who's surname escapes me right now.

Long, reddish, curly hair, yeah?!

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
30th November 1985.

View attachment 9677
Here you go Olds >>> https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/news/celebs-tv/blind-date-heading-back-screens-965339.

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
I remember Peter Glaze in "The Bowmans", a Tony Hancock parody of "The Archers". PG was the actor providing animal noises!
I can recall this bit of dialogue from the above:

Hancock: You're making my character too unsympathetic. I kicked the dog last week.
Producer: But that wasn't in the script!
Hancock: I know, but he asked for it.