• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

TV Times

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
Linda Thorson in the Avengers😍😍🥰😍 my favourite.
The last of Steeds side kicks in the original production. This episode was originally broadcast in Oct 1968 in the 6th & final season.
Love the brief teaser about the episode 😁

Charles Lloyd-Pack(1902-83) Trevors(1944-2014) father, in this episode.

E11CD90A-24C9-472F-86DF-D18698A39124.jpegDF2E23E9-9B82-422C-A276-1D507D6738DA.jpeg

iscalad

The last of Steeds side kicks in the original production. This episode was originally broadcast in Oct 1968 in the 6th & final season.
Love the brief teaser about the episode 😁

Charles Lloyd-Pack(1902-83) Trevors(1944-2014) father, in this episode.

View attachment 9792View attachment 9793
They've been repeated on one of the ITV channels recently. ITV 3 I think. Who's Trevor??

Oldsmobile-88

They've been repeated on one of the ITV channels recently. ITV 3 I think. Who's Trevor??
Ha... It was late when I posted..Of course it’s Roger 😁

A0590DCC-AA10-4A8B-ADA6-4EB25BDADB20.jpeg

Oldsmobile-88

4th December 1973

A rare Westward TV production is networked on the About Britain slot in the afternoon. Walking Westward with Clive Gunnell(1925-2006) A series of programmes walking the newly opened South West Peninsula Coast Path.

About Britain was a slot that all ITV regions contributed to focusing on documentarys from their regions. It was part of the relaxation of daytime broadcasting hours that had recently been agreed.

C611DF6B-8620-4B13-8FCE-2E4A52029ACD.jpeg

DB9

4th December 1973

A rare Westward TV production is networked on the About Britain slot in the afternoon. Walking Westward with Clive Gunnell(1925-2006) A series of programmes walking the newly opened South West Peninsula Coast Path.

About Britain was a slot that all ITV regions contributed to focusing on documentarys from their regions. It was part of the relaxation of daytime broadcasting hours that had recently been agreed.

View attachment 9832
Film '73 on BBC1, Was that a "Regional" BBC programme back then and Not Barry Norman presenting it?

Oldsmobile-88

Film '73 on BBC1, Was that a "Regional" BBC programme back then and Not Barry Norman presenting it?
I think it was just a one off with print journalist Gillian Reynolds presenting. That happened a few times over the years if Barry Norman was unavailable because he was travelling doing a interview or at the Oscars.

I can remember watching Film 73 on BBC South West. Iirc the programme was subject to various BBC regional broadcast times, which were always on a late slot.

DB9

I think it was just a one off with print journalist Gillian Reynolds presenting. That happened a few times over the years if Barry Norman was unavailable because he was travelling doing a interview or at the Oscars.

I can remember watching Film 73 on BBC South West. Iirc the programme was subject to various BBC regional broadcast times, which were always on a late slot.
I thought that might be the case about it being a network show, Like you i thought i remembered watching it back then on BBC S. West, Can't ever remember Barry Norman not presenting it back then.

Last edited:

Oldsmobile-88

I thought that might be the case about it being a network show, Like you i thought i remembered watching it back then on BBC S. West, Can't ever remember Barry Norman not presenting it back then.
Iain Johnston a film critic for the Sunday Times filled in for Barry Norman a few times in the early 1980s.

The Film series was a must watch along with buying a Film Review at the ABC for me at one time. Looking back I went to the Cinema the most in my teenage years, usually once a week when I was staying in Plymouth where there was a choice of five venues when I was there at college(77-80) The Drake Cinema, Screen One was a huge auditorium.
All gone now.

Spoonz Red E

It was also handy having the year in the title.
You could set your calendar by it.

DB9

Iain Johnston a film critic for the Sunday Times filled in for Barry Norman a few times in the early 1980s.

The Film series was a must watch along with buying a Film Review at the ABC for me at one time. Looking back I went to the Cinema the most in my teenage years, usually once a week when I was staying in Plymouth where there was a choice of five venues when I was there at college(77-80) The Drake Cinema, Screen One was a huge auditorium.
All gone now.
It was always a good watch, Not the same after Norman left but Ross did an OK job, You were lucky, Our nearest cinema in Bude, Which was ok until it was torn down to make way for a Sainsbury's, We had the Rainbow at Poundstock not far from Bude IIRC it wasn't open all the time, It was a small, virtually barn type place just by the A39. Films on VHS was a god send for us (We did have to wait for the video release) when they became popular, At least we had a video shop in Holsworthy.