• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

TV Times

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
I started watching a four part documentary series on the BBC iPlayer last night.
My Life as a Rolling Stone.
Although it’s been available since the summer it’ll be there for a few more months yet if anyone is interested.
The episodes are individually about (and include archive footage of and interviews with) Charlie Watts, Keith Richards, Ronnie Wood and Mick Jagger.
I know a bit about the Rolling Stones but wouldn’t consider myself a fan particularly, so I‘ve already learnt some interesting things e.g. the crucial importance of the late Charlie Watts’ drumming style to their music and the fact that the unique guitar sound of Keith Richards is partly because he removes one string from his guitars so only plays off five.
I’ve not watched the the final two episodes yet, but I imagine they’ll be good too.
They’ve mentioned several times on the series that it’s the band’s 60th anniversary this year.
Not bad considering Charlie Watts’ widow sometime around the time of their wedding in 1964 said to her mother-in-law that she was finding his frequent absences from home recording and touring difficult to deal with.
Mrs Watts senior apparently replied not to worry it’ll all be over in a year or two!
My cousin who is a Rolling Stones connoisseur says it’s a very good insightful documentary. Not the usual tat that’s cobbled together for music documentaries.

Something on my to watch list.

Oldsmobile-88

Your name will also go on zee list
“ Don’t tell him Pike “

927F9581-0EFD-4D7F-BC74-1B6B2E7A10C9.jpeg

Bridgy 81

My cousin who is a Rolling Stones connoisseur says it’s a very good insightful documentary. Not the usual tat that’s cobbled together for music documentaries.

Something on my to watch list.
I recommend it. I watched the one about Ronnie Wood earlier.
He’s the ‘new boy’ only joining the band in 1975!
I hadn’t known how Ronnie‘s arrival galvanized the band when they were at one of their (various) low points and I hadn’t realized the extent and significance of the relationship when playing live between him and Keith Richards.
In particular Ronnie says sometimes he plays the lead guitar role of various songs on stage and other times Keith does but who does what isn’t discussed in advance!
Just Mick to go now.

Oldsmobile-88

Restoring Big Ben on C4.

A insightful look at the 5 year restoration of The Elizabeth Tower as it’s been officially known since 2012 when it was renamed from St Stephens Tower, Of course the name of the bell housed in the tower has been used as it’s name by everyone since the turn of the last century.

Fascinating how it’s been restored with the craftsmanship in doing so.

Oldsmobile-88

11th December 1981

Kessler on BBC1. A 6 part TV mini series which was a follow up to the drama series Secret Army.
Ludwig Kessler(Clifford Rose 1929-2021) ex Gestapo & SS chief in Belgium appears to have escaped justice in the post war years.

EF3BAA3E-CCB8-4D8C-B3D3-BBEEC276D34B.jpeg904EE621-EBFE-4DE6-9CD3-9E618D457ACF.jpeg

Alistair20000

I did watch the recent Kessler rerun having not liked it when first shown. Liked it even less this name. (n)

DB9

11th December 1981

Kessler on BBC1. A 6 part TV mini series which was a follow up to the drama series Secret Army.
Ludwig Kessler(Clifford Rose 1929-2021) ex Gestapo & SS chief in Belgium appears to have escaped justice in the post war years.

View attachment 10060View attachment 10061
If you notice on all the ITV regions at 1.30pm was a really good but short lived Welsh soap called Taff Acre, I remember this for some reason, Think its was on during a lunch hour while sat there eating me sandwiches, Even though it was Welsh it wasn't in the Welsh Language, I'm not sure but i think the Welsh teacher from Please Sir! was in it and i think (But not 100% sure) the actress who played the Girlfriend in Life of Brian.

DB9

I did watch the recent Kessler rerun having not liked it when first shown. Liked it even less this name. (n)
Private Shultz was much better.

Alistair20000

Private Shultz was much better.
Certainly was. Ian Richardson played several characters too.

DB9

With this launch of ITVx and the BBC pulling out of the Britbox streaming service, is Britbox on the way out, Being closed down, Merged with ITVx? Anyone signed up and pay for Britbox?