• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

UEFA nations league 2022

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
The Nations league 2022 start in vein in a few weeks.

England will be on Channel 4 as part of a new deal which covers 2022-24.

Scotland, Northern Ireland and Wales though currently have no tv deal so no matches to be shown (As it stands) On UKTV.

Personally dislike the Nations league but to have the matches on FTA TV is a big step forward.

i8cornwall

The Nations league 2022 start in vein in a few weeks.

England will be on Channel 4 as part of a new deal which covers 2022-24.

Scotland, Northern Ireland and Wales though currently have no tv deal so no matches to be shown (As it stands) On UKTV.

Personally dislike the Nations league but to have the matches on FTA TV is a big step forward.
I had assumed our (Northern Ireland) games would be on sky, I'd be surprised if it was picked up by one of the Irish stations if it's not being shown on there.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
I had assumed our (Northern Ireland) games would be on sky, I'd be surprised if it was picked up by one of the Irish stations if it's not being shown on there.
I suspect a last minute deal will be put together for all 3 nations at the very least (Maybe STV or BBC Scotland for Scotland, S4C for Wales and BBC NI for Northern Ireland) on cheap deals 2022-24 when the Viaplay deal kicks in

i8cornwall

I suspect a last minute deal will be put together for all 3 nations at the very least (Maybe STV or BBC Scotland for Scotland, S4C for Wales and BBC NI for Northern Ireland) on cheap deals 2022-24 when the Viaplay deal kicks in
I agree, BBC NI have been showing all of the women's games and BBC Scotland has the rights for the Scottish championship.

I can't see these games not being on TV especially from an NI point of view as this set of fixtures is crucial if we want to qualify for the next euro's.

i8cornwall

Premier sports have been awarded to rights to show the other home nations games as well as others.

Sod's law that I've just cancelled my TV package with them.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
Premier sports have been awarded to rights to show the other home nations games as well as others.

Sod's law that I've just cancelled my TV package with them.

Weirdly no mention of Welsh matches at all.

i8cornwall

Ah good spot, I'd missed that, wonder what will happen for them then.

Premier sports isn't to bad for there coverage if I'm honest.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster

Even Premier sports own announcements don't mention Wales. Very weird as you would've thought Wales would be the same. There were rumours channel 5 or itv had bid for Wales matches.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster

OK. A tweet says they are covering Wales. Really weird that's they've not even mentioned Wales in the press releases, even if they're sharing with S4C

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
Reading further it is saying Wales on a non exclusive basis. So i presume that means S4C for welsh language coverage as per the previous deal with Sky Sports