• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

UKIP Voters!

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
An open letter from Owen Jones of the independent paper to all you thinking of or going to vote UKIP!

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/comment/an-open-letter-from-owen-jones-to-ukip-voters-9061968.html

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Blimey, I got as far as the nonsense about energy prices (UK amongst the lowest in Europe) and rail fares (UK amongst the lowest in Europe) before realising this was a load of Spartist claptrap.

Grecian_Jay

Very well known Exeweb poster
I have no intention of ever voting, I have no interest in how the country is run. But these guys seem alright to my little knowledge.

East Devon Clown

Putting the fun and the mental back into fundament
That is exactly what they count on.

Snakebite

Well-known Exeweb poster
I see it's the bankers fault again. Nothing to do with moronic politicians spending money we didn't have for the past few decades.

Nasty horrible bankers.

angelic upstart

Blimey, I got as far as the nonsense about energy prices (UK amongst the lowest in Europe) and rail fares (UK amongst the lowest in Europe) before realising this was a load of Spartist claptrap.
I haven't read the story, but I struggle to believe that rail fares are amongst the cheapest in Europe. I assume you mean the buy twelve weeks in advance tickets are cheapest.

Bus prices in east Devon are unbelievably high when compared elsewhere in the uk.

LOG

I paid £199.50 last week for a return from Temple Meads to Paddington and an underground ticket. They even let me sit down this time.

angelic upstart

I paid £199.50 last week for a return from Temple Meads to Paddington and an underground ticket. They even let me sit down this time.
I wouldn't worry, my French mate Pierre spent €3500 to travel from Lyon to St Etienne once and he had to hold onto the side of the train

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
I haven't read the story, but I struggle to believe that rail fares are amongst the cheapest in Europe. I assume you mean the buy twelve weeks in advance tickets are cheapest.

Bus prices in east Devon are unbelievably high when compared elsewhere in the uk.
I got from Hagley via Birmingham to London about 18 months back, booked a few days in advance, for £8 (£4 for Madam).

Our walk-on fares are generally higher, but other countries don't tend to do advance discounts. Our prices therefore tend to compare favourably with those in Germany overall.

Leads

He's got a point that a lot of people who vote/are thinking of voting UKIP aren't automatically hard line tories, a lot are former labour voters.

Cheapest return from Exeter - Leeds even when booked 3 months in advance is over £60...