• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

WC 2018 - Russia

eurogrecian

Notwithstanding the recent attempted clean up, FIFA and the World Cup are pretty rotten generally, but even they are left in the shade by football in Croatia. Truly awful.
France for the Cup then!

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Stroudy bleddy lets us down. (n)
You can't trust anybody.

LOG

Very well known Exeweb poster
Well, all of that means that richard_portland wins the sweepstake (y)

If you'd like to claim your prize then please could you email your name and address to [email protected] and you'll be added to the list. If you'd prefer pdf copies of rather than hard copies then please say so in your email.

Thanks all for taking part.

IndoMike

Stroudy bleddy lets us down. (n)

Harris v Mr R Portland it is then.
Bleddy Stroudy!

Alistair20000

Well, all of that means that richard_portland wins the sweepstake (y)

If you'd like to claim your prize then please could you email your name and address to [email protected] and you'll be added to the list. If you'd prefer pdf copies of rather than hard copies then please say so in your email.

Thanks all for taking part.
I blow a strine raspberry in your general direction. :mad: :)

Last edited:

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
My tequila intake has dropped off considerably.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I've enjoyed the tournament despite missing games because of work then holiday.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
One of my favourite moments was during a radio programme being broadcast from a "proper" Russian pub with wood beams, open fireplace and so forth. A presenter was describing his trip to the Gents saying there was a padded headboard mounted on the wall over the urinals. This was provided for drunken customers to lean their forehead against leaving both hands to attend to the actual process of weeing.

In the words of Boney M, " Ah, zose Russians!"

DB9

For me a wonderful World Cup, Loved the games, Only one 0-0, Great goals and you could never take for granted any results. Russia as a host were perfect, The people (And like most countries not the Government) according to many were friendly and happy, People who normally never travel there seem to say they were in awe of the country and Cities. A positive look at Russia for a change

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
An unexpected positive to have a tournament without crowd troubles. I have hated it in the past when talk around England matches has been the threat of the team being thrown out if the trouble continues. I guess in reality they would never actually want to kick a team out but it's nice to focus on what is going on , on the pitch.

I think England will benefit from the uefa nations league games home and away to Spain and Croatia. We need that competitive challenge to try and learn how to get to the next level. A lot of work to do, but if we can go deep into the next euro's we potentially benefit with the semi's and final being in the uk. Probably won't happen but it's nice to dream.