• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

WC 2022 Yay or "Meh"

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
I know there's a thread on the International Football thread but i just thought I'd ask about how everyone is about WC 2022. For me its very much a "Meh" One main reason is that the WC is a summer event, Our own football is overwith, Club's have either been promoted, relegated or mid table and once every four years we have the WC, Normally i get Mrs DB9 moaning that while the weather is great I'm indoors catching as many games as possible, Not even that is going to happen this time round! I understand that the WC should be played in all parts of the world but this one stinks of brown envelopes of cash and gifts to host it, The awful conditions and pay of the migrant workers to build the stadiums and deaths too is such a black mark, Obviously the HR issues are there but they were there when Qatar was awarded it, Not much was said at the time.

I normally get really excited about watching the whole thing, Look at watch matches are on, Even try to get time off or leave early from work but this time nah, I'm just very, very "Meh about the whole thing, I'll watch some of it i'm sure but not with the same enthusiasm as other WC's

Alistair20000

It’s a Meh from me

iscalad

sort of a Meh from me. I'll probably watch Englands games, but it won't be a must watch as many games as I can like it has been since 1970. Shame really.

Phil Sayers

Mainly meh at this point (could change as the tournament progresses) although we do have an interesting group.

Hermann

Well-known Exeweb poster
Neither. As made clear on the other thread, it's a nay from me.

fred binneys head

Meh from me, I didn’t watch the Euros last year except for the final and I genuinely didn’t care when England scored. I have no connection with the England football team whatsoever. I felt more connection with the wheelchair rugby league team last night (who were awesome by the way) so it’s not a patriotic thing, it’s that our footballers are all utter twats.

Banksy

Nay and Meh from me as I’ve said on the WC thread.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Meh, Meh and thrice Meh.

angelic upstart

I'm a meh. It's weird having it now.

I don't really give a **** that it's in Qatar though. I find it well funny they banned booze as they should.

DB9

I'm a meh. It's weird having it now.

I don't really give a **** that it's in Qatar though. I find it well funny they banned booze as they should.
Budweiser are well peeved off, They paid £60m in sponsorship.